Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

18inch American Racing Wheels

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  BullittMagnum1796 
#1 ·
Check out these new 18inch AR Wheels on my Bullitt. 18x8's (265/40R18) up front and 18x10's (295/35R18) in the rear on BFG g-force tires.

See less See more
#2 ·
looks good. can you get us a full side view? are those spokes any darker?

#5 ·
well if you didnt read my mind. i went looking for the factory wheels in size 18, but didnt find them. i want to get rid of the 17's pronto for some 18's. did you get them locally, i see you are in sterling, i work in ballston commons, va. i would love to see you car in person. are you gonna lower it?

awesome!!!

#8 ·
Those look EXCELLENT. I just checked out the AR website though and they don't have that listed. At least I didn't see it. What model is it. I also found Torque Thrust D's that were powder coated grey like the concept car, can also get Ford authorized center caps for them,(I liked the old Ford V8 with the 8 inside the V) but unfortunately the largest size was a 15x10. I would want something a bit larger than that!! At least like the 17's we have on and I would probably go with 18's if I could get them. Anyone know where to find a set of 18" powder coated wheels or have more info on what AR offers? Thanks in advance!

#9 ·
You will definitely need the wider rims if you plan on lowering the car at all. The stock rims are not wide enough to fill out the wheel wells. This becomes far more obvious when the car is dropped. I really like the idea of keeping the stock look ith the bigger rim. I was considering getting 2000 Cobra R's for track duty. The one nice thing about buying Ford factory rims is that you know the offset is going to be correct. The downside is that you destroy the retro look of the car. If the offset on these rims is right these would be a great alternative. I wouldn't mind leaving these on all of the time!!

Eric

#10 ·
yea, that's nice. Looks a lot like the ones that Ford had on the prototype that was traveling the country. I tried to find out where the wheels came from because I noticed that they were 18 inch. Can you get a close up of the wheels? I was wondering if you could put the caps from the stock wheels on the A/R's.

#11 ·
The AR wheels are new, model #CL205. They do have medium gray centers with polished outer lips. I had to use a 1/4 inch spacer on the front wheels to clear the cobra brakes. These were the type wheels used on the concept Bullitt. They are a special order wheel from American Racing. As a Dealer for them, it took me 6 weeks to get them. I will try and take some close-up pics of the wheels this weekend. The AR T/T II mustangs caps will fit these wheels. If you live around the DC area, I have the #440 at my Mustang shop in sterling, VA. each Saturday.

#12 ·
Thanks 440,

I suspected that A/R was the manufacture, but could not get anyone from their to confirm or give me any information on them. I definately sets off the lowering of the car and gives it the appropriate meats for the power to get to the ground. Am looking forward to close up shots.

#13 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-03 10:38, bullitt440 wrote:
The AR wheels are new, model #CL205. They do have medium gray centers with polished outer lips. I had to use a 1/4 inch spacer on the front wheels to clear the cobra brakes. These were the type wheels used on the concept Bullitt. They are a special order wheel from American Racing. As a Dealer for them, it took me 6 weeks to get them. I will try and take some close-up pics of the wheels this weekend. The AR T/T II mustangs caps will fit these wheels. If you live around the DC area, I have the #440 at my Mustang shop in sterling, VA. each Saturday.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

where in sterling is the shop, i live 10 minutes from dc, sterling is no problem for me.

#14 ·
jack, when you say the centers are "medium grey" does that mean they are darker than the stock grey spokes??
thanks for the pics too! car looks GREAT!

#15 ·
The centers are a flat grey, about the same shade (or a little lighter) as the stock wheels. I'm matching/mixing the paint now to paint them the same color and should have some pic when I'm done.

#18 ·
pick up muscle mustang & fast ford mag (sept.01)
there is an add from performance wheel outlet
they are producing "bullet" wheel in 18x9 ($1068 a set)
they look the same as the proto bullitt wheel
i check there site but it not updated yet

#22 ·
BTW AR was not the supplier for the bullitt
prototype wheel i ask the question 6 month ago at AR and they said no!
there wheel are cast two piece wheel and they don’t have 18x9
the proto was cast one piece like production wheel except 18x9

also if you check PWO ad it says 18x9.5 but it is a typo error it is 18x9
maybe they supplied the bullitt proto wheel??

i really HOPE FORD will do a 2002 MACH I now!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 99gt on 2001-08-14 10:24 ]</font>

#26 ·
I had looded at ARW Torq-Thrust D wheels for my T'bird last year. I'm happy with 17's, but I really think the color of the Bullitt wheels is too light. I saw it listed as charcoal someplace?! Charcoal ASH maybe. I like the stock rims but I think the color AND the non-glossy finish of the ARW's is much nicer for our cars. And that rim/tire combo does look GREAT from what I can see here and in the other 18" rim thread. Nice pics!

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.