Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after seeing the wheels yesterday and thinking that they would not look good on the car due to the front lip being as wide as the rear we were pleasantly surprised with the end result. My mom opted for the new American Racing Torque Thrust M in 18X9/18X10 wheels due to the current back order issues with the replica wheels. For tires she went with 295's out back and 265's up front based on the recommendations I found on here. I'm glad we didn't go any narrower on the front, but at the same time it would have looked better with a little more sidewall. The tires are BFG g-Force T/A KDW-2's. We got the wheels from Tim at http://www.tireshopinc.com Forgive the crappy pics, it was raining and I only had a few minutes to grab them.

Although this look is definitely different than I am used to, I actually really like it and I think it fits the look and styling of the bullitt very well. It makes it looks like a low, mean, and wide road race car.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Whats goin on man, we met at the Mason Dixon Show. Your mom's Bullitt looks good with the DD's out front. Is the killer canary gonna be on display this summer? Cant wait to see that thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! I remember you too! My car will be running this year, but I'm still unsure as to how it will "look." My heads are at the machine shop right now and all of my valve train components will be here next week. Once I get these parts the engine should be in the car and running within a week or two. I have the following parts to put on the car, I just don't know if I'll be able to afford to have them and the car all painted this year: cervini's stalker front bumper, ABC exclusive saleen style side skirts and rear bumper, MPS saleen style heat extractor hood, and a '95 cobra hardtop. I'm also narrowing my bogarts from 17X9 to a 17X8 up front for more clearance and to make my 245's not look stretched. The plan is to have the car running and hopefully the body panels painted and on the car by the Carlisle All Ford Nationals. If funds allow a chrome moly roll bar will also make its way into the car as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wheels

Killercanary said:
Well, after seeing the wheels yesterday and thinking that they would not look good on the car due to the front lip being as wide as the rear we were pleasantly surprised with the end result. My mom opted for the new American Racing Torque Thrust M in 18X9/18X10 wheels due to the current back order issues with the replica wheels. For tires she went with 295's out back and 265's up front based on the recommendations I found on here. I'm glad we didn't go any narrower on the front, but at the same time it would have looked better with a little more sidewall. The tires are BFG g-Force T/A KDW-2's. We got the wheels from Tim at http://www.tireshopinc.com Forgive the crappy pics, it was raining and I only had a few minutes to grab them.

Although this look is definitely different than I am used to, I actually really like it and I think it fits the look and styling of the bullitt very well. It makes it looks like a low, mean, and wide road race car.

Man,that REALLY looks good.Never seen deep on front.You say those are torque thrust Ms,they look just like Bullits in the pics.I take it they will accept the mustang centers?How's the tire clearance on front,Think there would be any problems if it was lowered?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I too had never seen the deep dish fronts, and I really didn't think they'd look good on the car but once they were on it just seemed right. They are the new American Racing Torque Thrust M wheels. We just wanted the replicas, but after checking around they are BO indefinitely due to the legal actions taken by American Racing against the replica wheel makers. Those centers are my mom's stock centers. They are a little loose, but I really don't think they will come out as they "clicked" in pretty good. Tire clearance is a non-issue. I had to back it into the garage after I snapped these pics and I had the wheels turned the entire way to lock and I heard no rubbing. It was raining and I was in my work clothes so I wasn't able to get my hands in behind the wheel to check for clearance but Tim at the tireshop did and he said there was ample clearance between the wheel/tire and the shock which is where the closest point was as far as I could tell. I'm not sure what to tell you if it was lowered. It won't be until next week before I get a chance to look at the car again, but I'll do my best to see if there are any obvious issues that may arise if the car was lowered.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Ive seen the DD fronts on a 05+ gt and looked good but the guy also had the DD in the back widend and make more of a dd than the front. the car looks good.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looks great, thanks for posting the pictures.

R/T.J.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow... those look really really good. Now you have me wanting a set of those... really bad...

The website on my signature might have the 10.5 replicas if anyone wanted to know but the color match isnt perfect with our 2001 OE bullitt wheels according to the reviews...

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Those look great on there. Very sharpe.

·
Registered
515 Posts
yeah thats my question to Killer Canary, do the AR wheels match the OE wheels at all?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again everyone for the compliments.

The wheels don't match anywhere near close enough to enable you to just run two AM wheels with two stock wheels as they are definitely a different shade of anthracite. Next week when I see the car again, I'll see if I can get side by side pics of the wheels so you all can see the difference. These new wheels are almost a pewter color.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I just got new American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels on my Bullitt. I went with 17x8 for the front and 17x9 for the rear. They definitely appear a little more 'silver' than the original wheels. I have some 245/45/17 BFGs that are still in pretty decent shape so I put 2 of those up front and got 2 new 275/40/17s for the rear. Looks really good... a subtle yet noticeable change. They look really sharp, and the 275's on the rear look great. They are still tucked under the car but fill out the fenderwells better than the 245's without being overpowering.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Torque Thrust wheels

Hey those are great looking wheels.I was just wondering if you have any rubbing issues on the front with that set up.I want to go with the same tire and wheel combo as you and would like to know if you are happy with it.THANKS GREG

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
What is your Mum's Bullitt number ?

Nothing to forgive, not crappy pics at all in fact I really like them and number 5 looks 3D

Can you add the Bullitt number to your sig so I can save the pics, Thanks Bob
--------------------------------------------------------
1995 NA Yellow GT \'Vert
DEC \'04 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Mag. feature car
Best time:12.1 at 112.5
Dad: NA \'91 GT 11.8 at 117
Mom: STOCK Bullitt: 13.5 at 101
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, English Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts