Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone with 18" wheels in front and back. I have noticed mostly going bigger in the back, but was curious of how the Bullitt would look with 18"s all the way around. I am considering doing this, along with going with the Eibach springs to lower the car. Would there be any tire rub? What size wheel & tire should I go with front & back?

Mike
DHG #3463

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you use 18x9 wheels front and back you can have a good balance visually and maintain good street manners by mounting 265/35/18's front and 295/35/18's rear. By the way that's what Roush mounts on their cars which are lowered about the same as a stock Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I don't know that I would go 295 on a 9" rim. Here is a pic of 285s on a 18x9 and they are a hair too big. I would stick to 265s in the back and 255s in the front.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
thinking about spacers, but would consider 18X9's in the rear. what was the cost per each? this would help me decide.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I sell them at my family's business..The wheels are from oe concepts..I tried to sell them on here before, but not much interest..I can sell them for 220.00 a piece plus shipping (this is for the painted 18x9's) We can also get chrome ones..If anyone is interested e-mail me or call me at 18002423518..Thanks Kelly

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-07 16:12, KRS 01 wrote:
heres a couple of pics of 18x9 all around..
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
What tire sizes do you have on front and rear? What size tires would you recommend?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I have 255/35/zr18 in front and 275/40/zr18 in the rear..Discount tire recommended 245/40 in front and 275/35 in the rear..The tire didnt look right at the lip gap on the front wheels so I went with a wider one..

·
Registered
394 Posts
KRS 01,

Are the wheels sold by Oeconcepts the same as those you find through AFS or Performance Wheel Outlet? I am really interested in getting either 17X9 or 18X9 wheels for my Bullitt. I want to maintain the look of the factory wheels, but want wider tires. What can you tell me about the wheels? How are they made? How much do they weigh? Are they DOT approved? and so on...

I have heard mixed things about some of the copycat wheels. I just want to have as much information as possible before making a decision.

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
The wheels are a real close match to the factory finish,have a one year finish warranty on chrome or painted..these wheels a re a quality reproduction, I have the 18x9 ptd wheels on mine and they fit good and look factory..If you need any other help just call me at 18002423518..Thanks Kelly

·
Registered
11 Posts
are you planning on adding spacers...and which size

1 - 16 of 16 Posts