Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current mods are simply a HYPERTECH II 93 octane tune and a K&N filter with the silencer removed.

I was considering installing the Ford Racing 24lbs. "matched" injector set along with a C&L MAF housing.

My question is, will the addition of the 24 lbs. injectors mandate other mods, or will this mod work sufficient by itself?

I appreciate any assistance. THANKS ~ !!!
<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
826 Posts
Larger injectors are used to support other mods. Switching to larger injectors will not make power by itself. The flow matched injectors will decrease air/fuel variation among cylinders, but I do not think it is worth the cost for a mildly modified engine that is not tuned to the breaking point.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
McQ Stang said:
Larger injectors are used to support other mods. Switching to larger injectors will not make power by itself. The flow matched injectors will decrease air/fuel variation among cylinders, but I do not think it is worth the cost for a mildly modified engine that is not tuned to the breaking point.
+1

You will not gain anything by increasing pressure of injectors without having something that will actually use the increased pressure (Supercharger).

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
you could put 42#hr injectors and still have them flow at 19 or 24. But you wont really need better injectors till you get more mods to the motor.

and our 19#hr injectors can be maxed out quite easily by doing all bolt ons IE: Headers, CAI, cat back, ect ect. so going with 24# injectors along with a good tune would be fine. but you would do well to upgrade your Fuel pump as well.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Everyone who has commented is correct, you could not begin to maximise the use of the 19's you have now untill you did head work and cams.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Special Thanks

Gentlemen,

Thanks for helping out with all the great advice. I'm sure I got the answer(s) I was looking for.

As far as a "good tune" goes, I am starting to wonder just how much our stock cars can be tuned ... (???)

After all; without adding any additonal power by going with an SC, etc. we still only have a 281 CID engine, right?

The tune I am using now (the HYPERTECH tune) has really woke this car up. I had no idea that tuner would bring such a noticeable change.

I am contemplating adding a BBK CAI, cat-less H-pipe, and maybe some Ford Racing shorty headers followed by a 3.55 or 3.73 gear.

After these mods are done, is there really a better "tune" to be had, or will these mods sufficiently max the HYPERTECH tune that I have now?

I ask this with adding that this vehicle will never see a drag strip and will be used mainly as a "road car", however in Houston (and/or Dallas/San Antonio/Austin traffic) it doesn't hurt to have a real good gear every now and then, Ya know?

Thanks again for all the help !!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hypertech Premium Fuel Tune: Great addition , I agree that it really wakes up the Bullitt.
I bought the Max Energy part # 42000 from Hypertech.
The salesman logged into the Hypertech site and loaded the Bullitt data into the programmer.
I installed the Premium Fuel update, and did not change anything else, and I love the difference.
Once I ran about a quarter of a tank through it, after programming, I noticed the improvement.
Immmediately after programming, I stalled it 3 times taking off from a stop, on my way to fill up with premium, and I heard some ignition knock a few times. After the premium fill and a quarter tank of use, IT IS ALL GOOD. Glad to pay for premium now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts