Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apparently, Woltz and Wind Ford in Pittsburgh have 1PP01 available for sale, with 12,000 miles (that seems very low for a PP.)

Highland Green, with Nav and HID.

One issue: the sales person at that dealer who registered here obviously can't read forum rules, and believes that 3 x post spamming across multiple areas, without permission, is a proper way to introduce themselves. I would hope the rest of the dealership doesn't operate in that manner for obvious reasons... :roll:

FYI in case you are interested.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
link to the threads?
curious if there are pics and stuff as well

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ezekial said:
link to the threads?
curious if there are pics and stuff as well
Threads were removed per vendor policy. Same stuff I posted, but with the Sales man's info. No pics/etc.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
What are they asking? It's not on their website at the moment.
I don't know, but Bullitt #2 that sold in the McQueen sale went for $60K i think?
So this, (The very first car) should easily reach that level.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Palerider said:
I don't know, but Bullitt #2 that sold in the McQueen sale went for $60K i think?

The #2 car from the Mcqueen family was 01 Bullitt that was one of the orginal 4 that the Mcqueen family was given by Ford....

1PP01 is a 08 Bullitt used for a press car.... So not in the same leage (sp). But will probly draw more coin than regular production used 08 Bullitt

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Nothing on their site about this car.. yet...or still...
I remember one of the '08 PP cars (forgot which #) was selling for less than sticker this spring cuz of some mileage and some dings...
So who knows what this one will go for :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thats pretty sweet that anyone can actually get their hands on 1PP01. You would assume it would be kept by Ford or the McQueen family. I'm curious to see what this one will bring in or what they'll let it go for? I guess we'll just have to wait a week and see.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes, it is a great opportunity. When the Dodge Charger came back in 2006 the first one, which was the ONLY SRT8 painted in the orange GoManGo color, went to a charity auction. It has already changed hands several times including once on e-Bay and once at Barrett-Jackson! Super Bees #0001 of '07 & '08 are also both in private hands. I think it's wonderful to have these historic cars available to automotive hobbyists!

Side note- If I knew the first one-of-a-kind new style Charger SRT8 was only going to go for $55K at Barrett Jackson (almost 2 years ago), it would be in my garage right now!! I anticipated it to go beyond $100k. :eek:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I always thought the 01 jump car would be worth big bucks, but. Although it was green, if there was an 01 I thought would desirable it would be the jump ride. Guess I am the only one that feels that way though.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's got some messed up paint on the hood...

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
ams547 said:
Thats pretty sweet that anyone can actually get their hands on 1PP01. You would assume it would be kept by Ford or the McQueen family. I'm curious to see what this one will bring in or what they'll let it go for? I guess we'll just have to wait a week and see.
Greetings ams547....welcome to the club. I notice you currently list "no bullitt". Are you thinking about bidding on this one? Hope someone here snags it.

There is no question that this one was driven hard by press people. When you see the Ford videos with the cars doing the smokey burn-out and flying over the jumps, this would be one of the cars used for these shots. If I could get this car (with the economy and uncertain job status that is out at this time), I would document all of the paint chips and defects and highlight them as they are part of the history of this vehicle.

Again, welcome to the club and hopefully you will eventually become a Bullitt owner.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Palerider said:
These cars are test vehicles and press cars. The Mcqueen family reportedly received 2 cars. No word on how they were numbered. So they are not as much a collector item as you might think. Several PP cars have sold below market value due to the used nature of them.

Their ad is incorrect in that the McQueen family got the first 4 pre production cars. The cars they got were intemixed with the production cars. They were not PP cars.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
Black GT500 said:
It's got some messed up paint on the hood...

That flaw is one I would not be willing to accept in the name of "collectablilty."

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
$27.5K! Wonder what was wrong with it? I'd of thought just a pile of bent rust would have gone for a least triple that being the very first of the mark!
I bet it shows up-fixed up at a high profile auction someday and brings $100K+!!
That car was 'bought right' as they say.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Picking Up 1PP01

After what seems like months I will finally fly into Pittsburgh to pick up 1PP01 Bullitt!!! I can't wait to drive it home!!!!! Don

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts