Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I met up with Lok N Lod at Miami Subs for the Friday nite cruise and managed to snap a few pics of a fine pair of cars!! :smile:

Here we have a couple of Speedin' Bullitts!

Here are a few pics of Lok's fine Black beauty..

and here's his interior. He's got the FR500 wheel, which is SUH-Weet! He's also got the Tri-Ax which is also veeeery nice. I was surprised how much these 2 things added to the feel of the car.. Now I'm gonna have to bust out my Checkbook here soon.. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-09 00:25, Blakwing wrote:
Well I met up with Lok N Lod at Miami Subs for the Friday nite cruise and managed to snap a few pics of a fine pair of cars!! :smile:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool, cool, COOOOOL!!

I can't wait until we get a bunch of these things all together in one place. :wink:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great pics--where do you get the FR500 wheel and if you don't mind me asking what is the cost and how tough to install?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well you can get the wheel from Ford Racing Performance parts located here. http://www.fordracing.com/performanceparts
Just click on parts search and search for part: steering wheel. vehicle type: mustang. This will take you to the FR500 wheel listing. As far as where to get it. I got mine from a local parts shop and got a bit of a deal on it. I think I paid about $146 for it.

This next link is to an FR500 wheel install. This how to was VERY helpful and guides you very well through the process. Any questions and I will be glad to help if I can.
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/fr500wheel.htm

Blakwing: Thanks a MIL for posting the pics for me. Those don't look like a muddy reflection of my car as my pics do. We'll have to arrange another cruise again sometime soon. Maybe we can scare up some other local bullitt owners for the event. I would at least like to get a true blue there. Thanks again. Pleasure to meet a man with such good taste in fine automobiles.

2001 Bullitt Mustang #929
Black
Mach 460
ATS sequential taillights
MGW aluminum door lock pins + E brake handle cover.
Windows Limo Tinted
FR500 Steering Wheel
Steeda Tri-Ax for T3650
Mufflers removed
K&N
Air Sil

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-06-09 03:08 ]</font>

·
Registered
225 Posts
Duffus here,why would you want a cobra wheel on a "Bullitt"? If you want a Cobra, I'm sure Ford would be more than happy enough to sale you one or two.
I bought my "Bullitt" to be a Bullitt, not a cobra,or gt, and the only mod I might be interested in is the x pipes.Don't mean to step on toes here,sorry if I have, but why change something as good as our "Bullitts"?
I can agree the frog ligths would a bit more light on those froggy night drives home, but LT Bullitt didn't have them on his GT. The designer of our cars tried to give a new copy of the orginal car. Besides, I LOVE just the way she is.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You know, it's not that I want a cobra in the SLIGHTEST. And I am sorry if you read that somewhere between the lines. I just wanted something that was a bit more stable and thicker than the stock one. Plus the perferated leather is a perfect match. Furthermore that steering wheel is NOT standard equipment on ANY cobra to my knowlege. It is the concept FR500 wheel.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've got the gt500 wheel on my Cobra and it's definitely got a better "feel" to it. I've used it at open track events and would recommend it for those who might do that.Having said that I probably would'nt put on the Bullitt at least right now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Lok....

Thnx very much for posting the steering wheel install link. It looks great!!

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to say that having seen it up close and installed it looks perfect. The perforated leather on the wheel even matches the perfs on the seats perfectly. It also feels phenomenal. I really didn't think a steering wheel would matter that much but I'm very seriously considering it..

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Beautiful cars and beautiful pics guys!!!!
thanks a million.
FR500 wheel is gorgeous!! the perforated leather really DOES match the perforated leather in our seats VERY nicely!!!
how do you like the Tri-Ax?

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-06-11 16:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
252 Posts
I LOVE the tri-ax. But for me it was a necessity. I went from my 97 GT with a Pro 5.0, to a 2000 Camaro SS with a Hurst short throw on a 6 speed. So as you can imagine the stock shifter on the Bullitt felt like I was stirring a pot of sloppy porridge rather than rowing through the gears. No more 2nd to 5th shifts and the shifts have a bit of a notchiness and positive feeling to them now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts