Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bullitt just turned 700 miles and I would like to change it's oil this week. With the lowered suspension (I'm changing it in my driveway), what should I look out for in jacking up the car? I have a floor jack and jack stands. Should I find some wheel ramps? Also, for this first oil change, does anyone recommend a convenional oil (I'll do the synthetic at the next oil change)? I typically use Quaker State or Motorcraft on my Windstar & Explorer. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Well getting a floor jack under the K member can be interesting. My shop has a slight drop off as you roll out the door, maybe 2". Rolling the front tires up over this gave me just enough room to get the full sized floor jack underneath. You might want to get a couple 2X8's to drive onto to give yourself a little clearence.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello #4003,

I purchased a brand of hard plastic ramps by the name of RHINO RAMPS here in Texas at the local AUTOZONE. They are around 30$. No problem driving up with the lowered car!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I changed my oil at 1000 mi. Used the only oil I could find that met the specs.Pennsoil 5W20. Says on the can it meets the requirements and is recommended for ford 2001 and honda cars. I ran the front wheels up on 2By 8's. Just enough room to slide under the car. By the way some of you are going to use synthetic oils. I tried using Mobil 1 in a 76 cougar. I bought the car new,used mobil 1 and changed the oil every 6000 mi. At 75K the lifters were clattering and there was lots of sludge built up under the rocker covers. Also back then they didn't recommend synthetic oil if you stored your car in the winter. Seems it didn't offer protection against rust in a stored engine. That may have changed by now but I will stick to frequent oil changed with regular oil.

65 GT coupe

·
Registered
568 Posts
I put my jack (full size) behind the driver side front tire, got a jack stand under the frame & then put the jack under the front of the car & got a stand on the other side. Took a while, but I got it eventually. Ramps would be nice. It was actually pretty east to reach the oil filter, it was just a bear to get off. I used Penzoil 5W20 & I've heard some people say that Motorcraft oil is actually Penzoil, but I don't know if that's true.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts