Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bring my Bullitt in to Fordspeed.com tomorrow morning.Having the follow installed:

1)Hal adjustable shocks front/back
2)Drag springs, coil over in front
3)Air bag in right rear
4)Boxed lower control arms
5)Relocating battery in trunk
6)Removing front sway bar

I can do the installation my self,I choose not to I like the work Fordspeed.com does.I was putting on shocks,springs,exhaust, at 15 i'm tired of jack stands and my garage floor... :-B

If all goes as planed I should be at the track thursday night with the new weight transfer setup.

Anyone want to guess at my 60' with the new setup? My best todate is 1.83 on nitto's with great track prep.Bullitt is stock other then Nitto's

I do have other Mods in mind,1st I need to put the power to the ground.. :-B

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Let me know how it goes, I plan on them installing my gears later on. I love to meet up but will be at work at MacDill AFB in South Tampa.

·
Registered
372 Posts
damn ray, that thing should hook up like a champ now. how do you launch your car with the slicks? do you dump the clutch or slip it out? i'm going to put a set of m/t's on my car as soon as i can find a 16 inch wheel to put them on.

oh yeah- i'm guessing a 1.75 with that setup. the drag shocks will help a ton.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ray, even with all that you're still going to be limited by the stock 3.27 gearing. If you throw some 4.10s in there as well, there's no reason you couldn't pull some low 1.7, high 1.6 60fts on the right tire.

What I'm kinda shocked at, is your best ET is 13.73 but your best 60ft is 1.83? I would have thought that would put you down lower. What was your trap speed, like 99?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JB VOBRA on 2001-12-11 23:28 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-11 23:27, JB VOBRA wrote:
Ray, even with all that you're still going to be limited by the stock 3.27 gearing. If you throw some 4.10s in there as well, there's no reason you couldn't pull some low 1.7, high 1.6 60fts on the right tire.

What I'm kinda shocked at, is your best ET is 13.73 but your best 60ft is 1.83? I would have thought that would put you down lower. What was your trap speed, like 99?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JB VOBRA on 2001-12-11 23:28 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Hi JB, I know gears are needed I'm not sure if I'm going N/A or supercharger so I'm not doing gears yet. My next mod will be headers etc. I'm doing one thing at a time to see my improvments.I think it's best to work on weight transfer 1st.
Unfortunately my best MPH is 99. I see so many Bullitts traping at 100 to 103. with ET in the 14's if i can hit 100+ i know my et will go lower.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3309, Will do.But I know the work and service is great,they install my line loc and dynoed my Bullitt.I'm a repeat customer.

n8tr,with the Nitto's I launch at around 3800 to 4000 and i slip the clutch out.

Dennis, If you put an airbag in your right rear spring it helps to plant the right rear tire.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
sounds pretty sweet ray,...good luck with the mods and enjoy!
keep us posted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts