Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Brian-
Great pics, those are really nice pieces. I'll be anxious to hear how they work out. Are you doing the install yourself? I love the idea of keeping the look of the Bullitt stock, but having a nicely matched 'tune-up' to compliment what Ford did from the factory. I can't wait to start modding!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be doing the install. Have been wrenching on cars for more years than I would like to admit. Once installed, they will be pretty much invisable unless you get on your knees and look under the car. I'll keep y'all posted.

Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
fordbullitt, how much $$ did this first volley set you back and what's your guess if you brought to the shop to get install. Will these add ons restrict being able to install x pipe or headers. thanks

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bullitt51.. This first round was about $1300. Not sure what a shop would charge to install it all. I'm guessing about 8 to 12 hours total install time pplus an alignment, probably $300 to $500 in labor. I will take longer as I usually wind up making improvements to aftemarket parts(better fasteners etc) as I go plus take my time to be as precise as I can.

Hope this helps.

Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Brian appreciate the info. I was out on BON I think and someone mentioned strut towers from steeda, as a good mod. Are you familiar at all and whaat do you think about them. Thanks Peter

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peter. I assume you mean the strut tower brace. Yes, a much needed part. I was waiting for Maximum to get their new '00/'01 Cobra model out as they think it will fit the Bullitt. I don't think the std GT one will fit.

Brian

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Two problems with the GT model...One, it won't clear the new intake. Two, and the most important reason, it covers the Bullitt Build sticker.........bummer...

·
Registered
762 Posts
However, KennY Brown has a strut tower brace specifically designed for the Bullitt so that the sticker is not covered. In fact it mounts on top of the CC plates. Cost $159.00

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
GREAT! I'm going up to Indianapolis for the NASCAR Brickyard 400, might just have to stop by Kenny's place and have them put one on for me!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
FordBullitt,

Can you shed some light on the improvements you will get out of these additions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts