Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Lafayette NJ today having my 15 year old Yorhie creamated at a wonderful plasce called Abby Glenn. Really thoughtful, considerate folks. He wasn't sick long but it was terminal. A sweeter more noble friend never lived. While on the way home I saw my first 08 Bullitt crossing rte 94 in the vacinity of Lafayette. Thanks for being there at that time. Made me feel a little better on a difficult day. :cry:
==================================================================================
2008 Bullitt #2718
1969 347 stroker coupe

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bob,
I'm very sorry for your troubles.
Dogs are truly man's best friends.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Tiger sends you his Regrets .........

BobF said:
I was in Lafayette NJ today having my 15 year old Yorhie creamated at a wonderful plasce called Abby Glenn. Really thoughtful, considerate folks. He wasn't sick long but it was terminal. A sweeter more noble friend never lived. While on the way home I saw my first 08 Bullitt crossing rte 94 in the vacinity of Lafayette. Thanks for being there at that time. Made me feel a little better on a difficult day. :cry:
==================================================================================
2008 Bullitt #2718
1969 347 stroker coupe
Hello Bob,

Here is a Message from my "Buddy" (Tiger).

He wanted (YOU) to know he was Very Sorry to hear about your Buddy/Friend Yorhie.

Take Care,

Terry

·
Registered
969 Posts
bob,
i am so glad you got to spend time with your four legged companion. 15 years...wow! it is very obvious thay you both cared deeply for one another from reading your words. blessings to you brother in this time of appreciation.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.Yes, that is a difficult decision to make but the quality of life has to be respected as well.I keep saying I will never have another one but I just can't live without one either.

·
Registered
232 Posts
We never replace the loyal animals that pre-decease us............we only add to their memory with each succeding pet/companion/buddy that follows into our lives.
I hope your grief is cut short by the arrival of another furry friend.
Hesh

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. Your words are both comforting & healing. In the words of Mark Twain "The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's".

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
I remember having to put down my two dogs when they were just over 14...........
i still can see my first dog '' lucky'' looking at me as if to say its ok , i will be pain free now....

sorry for your loss..........

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
When it is time for our beloved pets to leave this earth, they know and are ready. It is us humans that have a hard tiime dealing with it.

I remember years ago I had a YorkiePoo that lived to ripe old age of 17. She was ouside in the pen with the other 3 dogs. She had had a stroke during the night and tried to bury herself under the shrub. I had heard that animals do this in the wild to protect themselves while they are dying so they don't get eaten. I guess that was what she was doing.

Your Yorkie is at Rainbow Bridge playing with all the other Yorkies that have crossed over the Bridge.
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,839 Posts
BobF said:
2008 Bullitt #2718
1969 347 stroker coupe
Sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs have a way of wrapping themselves around our hearts and when they go, a part of our heart goes with them. Our Yorkie, "Sparky," has been with us since July 4, 1995, so we'll be facing that dreadful day all too soon. When we were kids, so many years ago, my sister and I would cry when Elvis sang the ballad, "Old Shep." Yes, dogs do tug at our hearts. When you're far enough past the grief, though, I'd go get a new Yorkie pup in a heartbeat.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs fill a part of our lives like no one or anything else could. Their our partners, our little buddy's always happy to see us and never with a complaint. I keep Beagles and have five right now. All with different personalities but all loyal and loving. They can be just as much a part of the family as a child and give unconditional love as a child. It takes time to numb the loss but taking in another speeds it up. Good luck to you on that.
Jeff.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Our animals are sometimes the only ones who understand us.

Dennis

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.