Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

2 piece rotors w/6 piston calipers

319 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mr.BULLITT 
#1 ·
I know of Baer, but I keep hearing about the rotors cracking when used with auto crossing or solo or road and track. Im looking for 14" slotted rotors and 6 piston calipers. Anyone know of any other companies other than Baer that make them? And yess ill be upgrading my wheels so that they actually fit.

#6 ·
Mr.BULLITT said:
I know of Baer, but I keep hearing about the rotors cracking when used with auto crossing or solo or road and track. Im looking for 14" slotted rotors and 6 piston calipers. Anyone know of any other companies other than Baer that make them? And yess ill be upgrading my wheels so that they actually fit.

Those must be cross drilled rotors that you've heard about. They will crack from the heat and stress of hard braking on the track. Stoptech makes excellent brakes. That will be my next brake upgrade.

#7 ·
bullitt890 said:
is it worth it? for a street car that occasionally sees the track? seems like an expensive mod that probably wont be noticed very much. probably lines, new rotors and pads will be more than enough.
Yes that would be true. except im not planning on buying them just yet. im getting all my info and what brand of eveything i want to use for when the car gets put away for strictly race & show.

#8 ·
Mr.BULLITT said:
Yes that would be true. except im not planning on buying them just yet. im getting all my info and what brand of eveything i want to use for when the car gets put away for strictly race & show.
cool, was just wondering. i saw an 03/04 cobra that had a 14" brake setup and it looked good, but it was daily driven and never saw the track. the guy spent a couple grand and admitted to me that he didn't notice a difference.

#9 ·
bullitt890 said:
cool, was just wondering. i saw an 03/04 cobra that had a 14" brake setup and it looked good, but it was daily driven and never saw the track. the guy spent a couple grand and admitted to me that he didn't notice a difference.
Yeah I try not to do things that are unnecissary or not funtional. lol like the FWD Civics with huge wings...its like ummm your car is FWD you dont need a rear wing lmao.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.