Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting the car ready for the Nats and looked in the little window in the battery.....what am I supposed to see in there to tell me something. Never paid attention to it before and now that the battery is 6 years old, wondering how much time I have left.

Does anyone know what type of wax, if any, works best on powdercoat or just car wax.

Thanx for any help on either of these.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'd buy a new battery if I were you, 3-4 years is the time limit for most batteries. I'm not sure about your wax question, sorry.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
well until it starts getting hard to start :D

my lasted until December and I think it may have still been good :(
I replaced it because the car set for 2wks and wouldn't start. So I figured it was bad as I have let it sit that long before, as I have many other cars and they were fine. Fast forward a couple more weeks after replacement and it happened again. I was really irked because I ran down the new battery and I know that really kills 'em. But I was also like, hmm, I wonder if I just replaced a still good battery. Either way, it had over 5yrs & 82k miles on it so all in all, not a bad thing.

I went with the stock MC replacement and it fit 100% like the original. Even retained the lovely battery blanket thing :)

as for waxing powdercoat... good question... I assume any car wax would be sufficient.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know what you are supposed to see in the window of the battery...I see a little yellow ball and not much else. I assume that it is some sort of indicator, but not sure what I am looking for. thanx.

Thanx for the other replies thus far. I have been considering just buying one, but hate to spend the money unnecessarily.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Buying a battery after six years of service is a smart move. After 3-4 years I purchase new. I feel after that amount of time you are pressing your luck.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx evryone. Guess I will be buying a battery tomorrow prior to take-off for the Nats Wednesday.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody know about wax on powdercoat?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Green good anything else bad. Six years is a long time on an OEM battery. Very hot days or cold will kill a battery. And they always seem to fail when you need them most. So do yourself a favor and get a new battery. Any good wax will do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts