Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was offended to see the RED, WHITE and BLUE used as a bed and blanket by one of the contestants.
I complained to my local TV channel that aired it and I then went on cbs.com and filed a complaint with them also.
I urge you all, to do so also.
To me, It was very disrespectfull to what that flag stands for, and the people who have fought and died for it. To our Troops, and my brothers in arms fighting right now the WAR on TERRORISM.
Our Flag is used to show sign of respect for the fallen on 911, by covering their remains not to keep the bugs from bitting her. It sickens me and makes me .pissed that NO one on that show made her stop.
My fellow Bullittheads please just don't stand by and allow people such as this young woman to just roll around in the sand disrespecting our NATIONAL Flag like this. and not say anything about it. Please complain.

67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-03-21 01:26 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
I too complained about the showing of the flag...but two things that really irritated me about tonights show...I was slack jawed regarding their use of the flag,
but it is just unbelievable to me that the black guy has such audacity to claim that everyone is making HIM feel like a slave when everyone is busting their humps while he hasn't even lifted a finger....go figure.
Lazy is lazy...no sense of team or community, which by the way also explains the treatment of the flag.
I need a beer.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I completely agree that the American flag should not be used as a blanket for a beachcomer.

I must also add that every episode of that horrible show is an insult to intelligence and they always manage to find a group of people who are an embarrassment to humanity. I am not surprised that the lazy complain of being overworked and the ignorant use the American flag as bedding. That is why I have not watched that show since the middle of the first season.

Mike

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Even though I think Survivor sucks the big one and I never watch it, I'll complain just because it's the right thing to do.

.**** on them for dissing our flag! :evil:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You’ll never get anywhere with CBS. They are elitists, and know what’s best for the common man. They’ll read your complaint with a chuckle, and say I thought these kind of people went away with Ronald Reagan. They are sick of your proud to be an American attitude. They wish you would think more European.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm PROUD to say....I'd not waste my time on those kind of shows!!!! They are all pretty stupid to me.....but I DON'T agree with the description you put of the abuse of our beautiful flag, that's just disgusting...that's not what it stands for and I understand how it makes you feel, I feel the same.

Bubbles

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i watched about 5 minutes of the 1st Survivor series and haven't turned it on since
all these supposed "REALITY" shows are pure drivel and crap.....weakening our minds as viewers by spewing that crap at us over the airwaves.
anyone wonder why morals, values, and ethics of many of our young(not all) continue to decay, ...just watch TV !!!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My wife watches these with a PASSION. I don't dare interrupt her while these are on. My son, 30 months, and I go to the study and watch Tim Allens Santa Clause (his now favorite show), Lion King, Barney, etc... Disrespect for the flag is growing, some just don't understand what it means.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've never watched any of these shows, but I doubt if the "contestants" could actually survive more than a hang nail. I guess it helps if you have a 300 man film crew there to help out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts