Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the Ford part number is for the 2001 factory BULLITT wheel?:question:

What did Ford call the finish on this wheel ... I'm getting colors like "anthtacite", "gun metal", "gray", "charcoal" etc., ????:question:

We are trying to determine the exact color name and part number Ford gave the factory wheels.:confused:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I think anthracite is the official name. Not sure though. If you can wait till tomorrow, I'll get the number off the wheels I have in the garage.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigBullitt said:
I think anthracite is the official name. Not sure though. If you can wait till tomorrow, I'll get the number off the wheels I have in the garage.
Sure thing. Thanks for the help !!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the wheels that came on the Bullitt different than the ones that came on the GT in later years? I sold my wheels to a guy I work with to put on his Ranger and he's thinking about selling it so I was wondering if I should by them back in case they are different. I've noticed that most Bullitt's wheels are a lighter grey than the later wheels but mine where a little darker.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think they are different. The originals, to me, seemed much lighter in color. I had 2 replaced and they are darker. I may be wrong but I've always thought so...

Ichi

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ichibanbullitt said:
I think they are different. The originals, to me, seemed much lighter in color. I had 2 replaced and they are darker. I may be wrong but I've always thought so...

Ichi
You are correct. The early Bullitt style wheels are lighter in color. Keep the originals.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ford Racer said:
Are the wheels that came on the Bullitt different than the ones that came on the GT in later years? I sold my wheels to a guy I work with to put on his Ranger and he's thinking about selling it so I was wondering if I should by them back in case they are different. I've noticed that most Bullitt's wheels are a lighter grey than the later wheels but mine where a little darker.
I don't know and that is one of the things I am trying to find out. As far as I know, they are either "anthracite", "charcoal", or "dark gray" ... (???)

Unfortunately I don't know which color is which, hence the reason for asking about the actual part number.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have been through all of this several months ago. If you order the part number stamped on our Bullitt wheels you will not have a match.

There is a new number for the original Ford Bullitt wheel and I posted the whole thing back in the spring. I'll have to do a search to find it.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PhotoRick said:
Hi Guys,
I have been through all of this several months ago. If you order the part number stamped on our Bullitt wheels you will not have a match.

There is a new number for the original Ford Bullitt wheel and I posted the whole thing back in the spring. I'll have to do a search to find it.
Thanks again for the assistance ...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I got side tracked and haven't made it out to the garage yet. Thanks Rick. I dropped the ball, but as was said, they wouldn't be the same anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts