Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the summer when my engine was hot and I would attempt to start it after being shut down for a short while I would have the same problem as most guys and the engine wouldn't start. The solution was to hold the gas pedal down or you could turn the key on to let the fuel pump fill the fuel rail for a minute before attempting to start the car and even then it didn't start like it should.
This spring I changed my spark plugs even though the car only has 27,000 miles on it. I used Autolite double platinum instead of the stock single platinum and not once, this summer, have I had a problem starting my car and it has been around 90 degrees most every day for the last month. I don't know what the technical answer might be but I don't have the hot start problem anymore.
I figure, that if your changing plugs it might be worth the little extra money for the double platinum.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
also cleaning the IAC inlet and solenoid out with carb cleaner and then blowing dry with compressed air helps with hot-start issues, it was an old problem many have had...

glad to hear you got it fixed!

shaun

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I had a similar problem with my son's ZX2 with about 20K on the clock years ago. I think it had 2 bad plugs when I took it to Auto Zone and put it on their analyzer. We bought the 2 plugs and haven't looked back or changed plugs since. That was 140K miles ago!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
How I started my 01--turn key, fasten seat belt, close door, turn key to start, no problems ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts