Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang i'm thinking about buying a 2002 Lightning. But i can't find any info. Price HP etc... I know all the specs on the 2001. Does anyone know were i can get info? My Ford Dealer does not have 2002 Lightning brochures.I would like to have the specs/price before i talk to my sales man.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I haven't heard or seen anything ont yet Ray. I cn'r imagine them putting too many more ponies under the hood than the 380. Not that i wouldn't drive one!! :wink:
Cam

·
Registered
295 Posts
I came real close to buying a 2001 Lightning,
had it been offered in a manual instead of only automatic. One of my two Vettes was automatic and I swore, Never again ! :eek:

from Montvale, New Jersey

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-09-26 01:17 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll talk to my sales man today. I like the true blue! Auto trans is ok with me the L will be my work truck.(and race)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I really hope that they have worked out all of the bugs in those trucks. I had a 99 Bolt that was a complete and utter POS. I love the truck but I think that blower will create more headaches as the truck gets older.

Oh well.....true blue would be a beauty of a colour!

Paul G.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well, I think, correct me if I'm wrong, the price is gonna hover around 32-35k, although a guy told me he could've bought one for 28k. WOuldn't surprise me since many folks in Houston are getting their cars and trucks for cheaper than MSRP. I would imagine 380 hp would be what they would continue to carry, although it wouldn't surprise me if SVT jumped the boost a little or did some kinda work to the intake or whatever to give it more juice. Maybe they should add a 5 or 6 speed to the mix. Ever heard of a truck with a 6 speed??? The Lightning is always a first. :smile:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Is anyone else offended that Ford put's 380 horses in a PICK-UP and and sells it's supposed performance/muscle car 260, 265(?), 320 horses? I've never understood this. Even Chevy did it with the SS454 truck. Somebody please explain this to me.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-27 11:46, twoponys wrote:
as far as fory making a fash truck,that's what people are wanting.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

But it's such a small niche of people. Lots of people don't want a truck, no matter how much power it has. The Mustangs reputation would have been spared so much ridicule from Z-28 and Firebird owners if it had been given that motor instead of the Lightning.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I too had a 99 Lightning, 1st year bugs, loved the truck not the problems. The gym shoes were $1,500 a set every 30k. The HP is now 385 up 25 and torque is 450 up 10. Drove like my old 96 Mystic Cobra! I like my Bullitt but miss the power! I'll just wait for the 302 SC Boss, or in a couple of years pay off the Bullitt and buy a GT40!!:) :smile::p

·
Registered
81 Posts
My Dad's got an '01 Lightning and he loves it. He's had his share of Corvettes, Porsches and other high horsepower cars and he just can't get over how good this truck runs compared to those vehicles. It's big, black, and just a mean looking thing. He drives her everyday and people just stare. He had one guy chase him down who begged to see the engine. When my Dad showed him, he just said he couldn't believe Ford really made trucks like that. So, I know he'd recommend a new Lightning to someone who considered purchasing one. On a side note, I thought I'd heard a rumor that the Lightning would be taking a year off soon, perhaps for work on horsepower or to let the supply of trucks go down. Anyways, if you do purchase one you've got to take a picture of your Lightning towing your Bullitt on a car trailer. That would be a cool picture to hang up. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts