Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, long time no speak (but I have been lurking).

Man, do I have a bone to pick with the fine folks at Ford Racing. I've been buying their stuff since the late 1980s with no issues.....until now.

I bought a set of these wheels back in December for my 2004 FX4. According to the Ford Racing catalog, they are intended to fit 4x4 models only. I finally got around to getting tires mounted on them today for the summer months in MN.

To make a long, incredibly aggravating story short, they DO NOT fit; the wheel lip contacts the spindle near the top control arm mount and the tire will actually hit the control arm. The wheel needs to move outward a minimum of 1/2". I'm betting an inch or so would be best.

So now I've got over two grand in wheels and tires stacked in the garage. Anybody know of a source for wheel spacers for the late-model F150 trucks? I found a couple on eBay but they are wider than I'd like and would like a set of four to keep things even front to rear. Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i just talked to my aftermarket guy and he doesnt know of any for 4wd trucks, but ud have 2 choices. extended studs and run normal spacers or if you can find some bolt ons do those. i have 1 1/4" bolt ons on the bullitt and they fill awesome and feel very sturdy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts