Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I doubt it. Although Ford made a profit this quarter it was off their credit company and tax breaks. They lost money selling autos. They paid a franchise fee to Chad Mcqueen and Warner Brothers back in 2001 to use the Bullitt name. Bill Flynn says even then they lost money on the approximately 5500 cars Ford manufactured. A lot of money per car. Ford was flush with profits back in 2000 and 2001 when they got the go ahead to make the Bullitt. Now I understand Chad wants significantly more per car franchise fee. Ford's market share is still dropping and they cannot afford money losing ventures such as another Bullitt. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but don't believe everthing you read from an auto magazine until you see a quote from Chad saying he'd like to see another run and he's willing to compromise (lower his asking price).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The movie remake is schduled for release in 2006

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-07-22 22:15, 05BOSS wrote:
Well I think they might make a new version now since their is a new charger. Probably make a remake of the movie, if they do most definatly they will make a new Bullitt.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

7,020 Posts
Someone should buy a crystal ball ... it will tell you what you want to know. I have one of those 8 Balls, you ask it a question and turn it over for the 'gods honest truth'.

I checked and Yes a '08 BULLITT will be used in the making of the '08 BULLITT Movie staring Chad McQueen as Lt. Frank Bullitt Jr.

on your six ... DHG 1005

1 - 8 of 8 Posts