Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I think there should only be one nationals. The regional events are a great idea.

We need to make up some flyers and/or cards with information on the regionals/nationals that we can print up keep in the car. That way we can put on peoples windshields or hand out at car shows to other Bullitt owners we encounter.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2004-07-04 15:09, BC wrote:
I think there should only be one nationals. The regional events are a great idea.

We need to make up some flyers and/or cards with information on the regionals/nationals that we can print up keep in the car. That way we can put on peoples windshields or hand out at car shows to other Bullitt owners we encounter.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Another great Idea. Keeping them flowing.

Do I have a Volunteer ?.

I can post the dates/event that a member of BOD will be present. 2004 is already done.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
On 2004-07-02 11:19, 3RDSTANG wrote:
Ok, well here we go...

1. I was not implying that the Bullitt Nationals need to be held in my backyard. However I do find it interesting, as do others, that the the Bullitt National events are held relatively close to the organizers home locations.

I do not think that 600 miles to Ennis,1400 to Chandler, 1200 to Richmond is in my back yard.
BTW: I can stop at your house in Denver on the way to Salt Lake City , can you make it to help support a fellow Bullitt Club member in their Event.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I dont kow what to say, but they seem to be close to one another all the time. Why dont we have a poll. I wouldnt think that they were paid for and set in stone years in advance. Its not fair to some of the members to have to grin and bear it. Ky is close for me but I still think that some others would turn out if it was in a more reasonable location. But hey, what do i know? Bullitt County sounds good, but dont sound like much fun other than the Nats itself IE: nightlife etc etc, and I dont really want to see the worlds largest ball of twine or whateer. I've been to Richmond and there was stuff to do, as in Tenn for the 40th, and San Fran is great too. I dont want to seem like a smartas*. i just totally am trying to help...... ~Joe

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2004-07-04 17:48, joecsbullitt wrote:
Bullitt County sounds good, but dont sound like much fun other than the Nats itself IE: nightlife etc etc, and I dont really want to see the worlds largest ball of twine or whateer. ~Joe

These meets are not about going to bars and partying. It's about bringing the party to us. We hang at the event all day then we head back to the hotel parking lot, swap B.S. and drink beer.

The parking lot parties are as much fun as the events. IMO.....except for Dee of course. :wink:

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
yeah right I know that but like the 40th they had a cruise and all so thats all Im saying. I mean its nice to go sight seeing during the day especially if its like a week long like I heard is getting planned. Seriously I dont care either way. i only want to get sloshed and have fun thats all.

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
On 2004-07-02 10:39, Jimmy Ray wrote:

I think the only members that should complain are our Canadain memebers because we have yet to hold a Bullitt Nationals that far North.

Hows that for a HR responce.....

:wink:

Hmmm, maybe next year that will change. :grin:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
On 2004-07-04 22:31, kaylan1521 wrote:
On 2004-07-02 10:39, Jimmy Ray wrote:

I think the only members that should complain are our Canadain memebers because we have yet to hold a Bullitt Nationals that far North.

Hows that for a HR responce.....

:wink:

Hmmm, maybe next year that will change. :grin:

Great Idea for a Regional Event. The ball is your court, Paul & Terry.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
this is an awesome thread and i've got 11 months to save up and make plans.......
how cool is that?

marty

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Who in particular is looking into a local hotel? Does anyone work for a hotel chain that may be able to secure a corporate or "special rate"? Is this a "slow" part of the season for hotels in that area.

I work for a large hotel chain and would like to talk to the "hotel coordinator", maybe I can help on the rate$$$. Don't know but can try.

Geez, I better be able to make this one.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
On 2004-07-20 17:43, ichibanbullitt wrote:
Who in particular is looking into a local hotel? Does anyone work for a hotel chain that may be able to secure a corporate or "special rate"? Is this a "slow" part of the season for hotels in that area.

I work for a large hotel chain and would like to talk to the "hotel coordinator", maybe I can help on the rate$$$. Don't know but can try.

Geez, I better be able to make this one.

Ichibanbullitt

That would be cool. The hotel part is a major part of any Bullitt gathering.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Richard has located a hotel already. I am not sure of the rates. He was supposed to meet with them and discuss the arrangements. I haven't heard anything since then so I assume that he is on the road again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It would be great if they can have the hotel book the rooms all together in the same section. It stinks when the party is on the other side of the hotel from where your room is.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
On 2004-07-20 23:07, Stacy wrote:
It would be great if they can have the hotel book the rooms all together in the same section. It stinks when the party is on the other side of the hotel from where your room is.

The Conference Center Hotel has 68 rooms/suites. We have 50 rooms/suites. We are the Event.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
On 2004-07-02 10:16, 3RDSTANG wrote:
An Opinion, that MAYBE other "west side" Bullitt owners share, but I'm going to say it anyway.

The catering to the eastern half of the country just doesn't sit well with me.

I agree with you. But the members did a poll in the beginning to have the Events in the Midwest,West coast and East Coast.That has been completed. Now we can go forward to to the next phase of Planning. The Location of Bullitt County for an Event was started in the early summer of 2001. The opportunity for Regional Events ( 4 per year ) plus One National Event is now being implemented this year.
1. National=Richmond FFW
2. Regional=Norwalk,Oh.FFW
3. Regional=Park City,UT.MCA National
4. Regional=Fontana,CA.FFW

1. Regional=Orlando,FL.FFW
2. Regional=Houston,TX.FFW
3. National=Bullitt County,KY.( Stand Alone)
4. Regional=Toronto,Canada.DeSilva ShootOut
5. Regional=Everett,WA.MCA National

Thats my 2 Cents.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MoStang4U, LLC on 2004-07-20 23:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
On 2004-07-20 23:25, Brando wrote:
How far is it from the Event?

22 Steps for the Average Person.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Brando: You have been selected by your peers on the site to coordinate the Bullitt group at the MCA National in Huntsville,AL. in 2005.You must stock extra Mr. Clean products, find good local eating establishments, etc. Welcome to Planning 101.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MoStang4U, LLC on 2004-07-21 08:23 ]</font>

41 - 60 of 93 Posts