Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend is buying this car and thinks he is gonna "smoke me".

0074 has long tube headers, bbk cold air induction, xpipe, 3.73 gears, and some other stuff

I know almost nothing about a cobalt SS except it's a FWD cavalier with a supercharger

Is my friend gonna have a leg to stand on? lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
I hear they run pretty decent. It all depends on driver skill, one missed shift by either and its all over.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If the Cobalt is stock or even a stage 1 then he doesn't stand a chance. This is only if you know how to drive your car hard. They are still a 14 sec car with a decent driver. I almost bought one 2 years back so I did some research on them.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
If the Cobalt is stock or even a stage 1 then he doesn't stand a chance. This is only if you know how to drive your car hard. They are still a 14 sec car with a decent driver. I almost bought one 2 years back so I did some research on them.
I know what you mean, they are quite a nice little sleeper if done right.

But the majority of the people who own them are the same type of people that own the SRT-4s, Punk kids who think they are the baddest on the street, until im using half throttle and all they see are 315s :D lol

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
I know what you mean, they are quite a nice little sleeper if done right.

But the majority of the people who own them are the same type of people that own the SRT-4s, Punk kids who think they are the baddest on the street, until im using half throttle and all they see are 315s :D lol
+1 i feel like a hypocrite saying this cause im just a kid but some college guy bought an SRT-4 and immediately wanted to race me

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
jeatkinson208 said:
+1 i feel like a hypocrite saying this cause im just a kid but some college guy bought an SRT-4 and immediately wanted to race me
LOL im also only 22 but the people I've Always hung out with have been the older guys and gals down at the Sonics, and old town with the old cars and stuff, so i have a little more humble outlook at cars and not so much a competetive spirit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Win or lose ... in the end you will have a piece of musclecar history and he will have a renamed supercharged Cavalier. It's not worth the wear on the tires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ill tell you right off the bat you will smoke him even if you granny shift especially if you have gears i raced 1 a couple weeks ago off of a 20 roll and he looked like if he was standing still i pulled on him by no lie about 6 buses...lol.btw i had all mods you listed

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you don't smoke that Cobolt.....I will be ANGRY.

Bet him spoilers....his is worth at least 50 bucks in plastic. Obviously, you are w/o a spoiler and should be that confident. LOL.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Professor Bullitt said:
Win or lose ... in the end you will have a piece of musclecar history and he will have a renamed supercharged Cavalier. It's not worth the wear on the tires.
The true value of beating that little PO*.:badgrin:

I wouldn't waste my time talking to him about his thingie that he drives. It is a compact can at best with a Supercharger. Like the Professor Bullitt just said ^^^.:wink:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
The true value of beating that little PO*.:badgrin:

I wouldn't waste my time talking to him about his thingie that he drives. It is a compact can at best with a Supercharger. Like the Professor Bullitt just said ^^^.:wink:
Thats why i give em a chance, if i run half throttle im only about 10more HP then their motor :lol:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
2007 COBALT
</EMBED><!-- start fueleconomy --><!-- start capacities -->

<TABLE><CAPTION>Engine </CAPTION><COLGROUP></COLGROUP><COLGROUP width=150><COL class=even><COL><COL class=even></COLGROUP><THEAD><TR class=even><TH scope=col>Type</TH><TH scope=col>2.2L DOHC ECOTEC</TH><TH scope=col>2.4L DOHC ECOTEC</TH><TH scope=col>2.0L Supercharged DOHC ECOTEC</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TH scope=row>RPO</TH><TD>L61</TD><TD>LE5</TD><TD>LSJ</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Displacement (liters/cu. in.)</TH><TD>2.2/134</TD><TD>2.4/145</TD><TD>2.0/122.0</TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Bore & stroke (in.)</TH><TD>3.4 x 3.7</TD><TD>3.5 x 3.9</TD><TD>3.4x3.4</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Bore & stroke (mm)</TH><TD>86.00 x 94.60</TD><TD>88.00 x 98.00</TD><TD>86.00 x 86.00</TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Compression ratio</TH><TD>10.0:1</TD><TD>10.4:1</TD><TD>9.5:1</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Block material</TH><TD>cast-aluminum</TD><TD>cast-aluminum</TD><TD>cast-aluminum</TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Cylinder head material</TH><TD>cast-aluminum</TD><TD>cast-aluminum</TD><TD>cast-aluminum</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Valves per cylinder</TH><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Ignition system</TH><TD>electronic</TD><TD>electronic, coil-on-plug</TD><TD>electronic</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Lifters</TH><TD>hydraulic</TD><TD>hydraulic</TD><TD>hydraulic</TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Cam drive</TH><TD>chain</TD><TD>chain</TD><TD>chain</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Alternator rating (amps)</TH><TD>105</TD><TD>105</TD><TD>105</TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Battery (SAE rating, cca)</TH><TD>525</TD><TD>525</TD><TD>525</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Recommended unleaded fuel</TH><TD>87 octane</TD><TD>91+ octane<SUP>1</SUP></TD><TD>91+ octane<SUP>1</SUP></TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Redline (RPM)</TH><TD>6500</TD><TD>6500</TD><TD>6500</TD></TR><TR class=even><TH scope=row>Horsepower @ engine RPM</TH><TD>148 @ 5600 RPM</TD><TD>173 @ 6200 RPM</TD><TD>205 @ 5600 RPM</TD></TR><TR><TH scope=row>Torque (lb.-ft. @ engine RPM</TH><TD>152 @ 4200 RPM</TD><TD>163 @ 4800 RPM</TD><TD>200 @ 4400 RPM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  1. Cobalt SS and SS Supercharged engines will operate with 87 octane unleaded fuel; however, a noticeable power loss will be felt by the driver.
<!--this div clears main content--><!-- Close pagebody -->Let's see, 205 HP 200 TQ vs 275 HP 305 TQ..............If you don't win, you ain't racin'!

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Just be careful! Take it to the track gentlemen... Let's not forget about the hp/weight ratio. You probably have at least 7-900#'s on him, maybe, I don't know what they weigh.

you know I had to add my two cents!!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
+1 to markus.

unless you're running 315s or slicks or drag radials, take it easy on the launch. and please do this at the track where its legal and you have proof in time slips.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts