Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any hockey fans from Dayton OH out there?

The boys from out west are doing pretty well, beating the top two western teams and now have a 3 - 1 lead in the series against the Bombers...
...part of me wants the "Steelies" to loose Thurday, so I can see them in Boise on Saturday, but then part of me wants them to "git er done".

VS

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Nowhere near Dayton, just a comment on minor league hockey. We are fortunate enough to live in a town with an AHL team (Portland Pirates-Ducks affiliate). While we haven't gone as much in recent years we used to have season tickets. Unbelievable entertainment value. We got to be on hand when the Pirates (then a Capitals affiliate) won the Calder Cup in 1993. Our barn only seats about 7800 people but you'd swear it was 50,000. The most deafening noise I've evr been amidst. This thread is making me regret not going more this year. Damnit-you just cost me season tickets for next year...lol:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're absolutely right about the "entertainment value".

When I moved to Boise in 1978 there wasn't anything like this, and me moving from Toronto I missed hockey. None was televised at all. Today it's a different story. When Boise got the "Steelheads" I was amazed how the people took to the game.

Our Seating Capacity is only 5006, but as you stated it's amazing how loud it can get! Since it's built into a Hotel it also has 39 entertainment suites, and a restaurant/bar that has reserved seating of about 12 or so small tables.

I might have to look into seasons tickets for next year... :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts