Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the late/short notice on this but......

AUGUST 24-26
TORONTO MOTORSPORTS PARK. (CAYUGA)

This years event will be held at the Canadian Street Car Nationals

http://www.canadianstreetcarnationals.com/index.htm

Rules are same as always. Net difference between your dial in and actual time on a losing run. Loser with the largest net difference throws on the Pink Slip and is publically humiliated by pretty much everyone around.

Last year we managed a paragraph in Modified Mustangs magazine

Sure would be nice to see some more U.S. cars up here this year. Here's a photo of last years attendees

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Looks like the entry fee is $60. Cheaper than last year...let's hope they don't change it when we get there again. :mad:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Maybe I can manage the trip next year. This year I didn't even do the Natls...

Dumb question: Is this event held the same time every year? I've also got to get time off submitted and approved in January. Otherwise I have to beg and plead for just one day off. So if I can get it in as part of my time off schedule I'm more likely to be able to make the trip. Not that I would race, just want to be a part of the festivities!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I doubt if I will go this year after the raping my wallet got last year-You had to pay admission to get in and another 80.00 to race. When I bought my ticket the woman told me that when I left to tell the gate I wasn't coming back the next day and they would refund half of the admission fee-of course when I left the gate attendant basically told me to fornicate myself. All that for about 5 runs down the track. Just thinking about the whole thing again makes me remember how ****ed I was on the drive home.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
bullitt3980 said:
I doubt if I will go this year after the raping my wallet got last year-You had to pay admission to get in and another 80.00 to race. When I bought my ticket the woman told me that when I left to tell the gate I wasn't coming back the next day and they would refund half of the admission fee-of course when I left the gate attendant basically told me to fornicate myself. All that for about 5 runs down the track. Just thinking about the whole thing again makes me remember how ****ed I was on the drive home.
So! Were those Canadian Dollars or U.S.?:shock:

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Canadian - you know, the money that is soon going to be worth more than yours. :p

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Happened in the sixties also, or at least was even money then. I forget. I went to the 67 world's fair in Montreal and the exchange wasn't worth the process of going to the bank and changing out to Canadian $.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bullitt3980 said:
I don't remember paying 80.00 to race. I thought it was 30.00 at the gate and 40.00 to race. Either way, this years event if you buy the weekend pass for 60.00 it includes entry into the Bullitt class.

BTW, ever been to an FFW event? Just ask Dee

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DavidMidgley said:
Maybe I can manage the trip next year. This year I didn't even do the Natls...

Dumb question: Is this event held the same time every year? I've also got to get time off submitted and approved in January. Otherwise I have to beg and plead for just one day off. So if I can get it in as part of my time off schedule I'm more likely to be able to make the trip. Not that I would race, just want to be a part of the festivities!
If we join up with this event, yes, it's usually the third week of August

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
I don't remember paying 80.00 to race. I thought it was 30.00 at the gate and 40.00 to race. Either way, this years event if you buy the weekend pass for 60.00 it includes entry into the Bullitt class.

No kidding. FFW is completely overpriced. :mad:

·
3,389 Posts
kaylan1521 said:

It was $50 at the gate and $60 to run.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I know its only 60.00 dollars but in the end I feel really cheated-I took both of my boys to the Transformer and Simpsons Movies and had a great time for less cash. I'm just trying to say I didn't feel we got much for what we spent, and the treatment from the staff of the dragstrip-well I can only use the term (tsk tsk tsk)<TSK tsk>.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts