Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Some intro about myself: I am new to the forums here and am considering to buy a new Bullitt. Coming from the import car scene I do not know much about Mustangs and their powertrain . However, being a car enthusiast I have done my homework when it came down to the new Mustang and the Bullitt package. I have test driven a 2008 Bullitt and liked it very much (although wanted more power; see Goals below). I have decided if I were to get a domestic car it would be the Bullitt because of its looks, history, and the numerous improvements it has over the regular GT.

My Goals: A reliable and warranty covered Bullitt with roughly 400rwhp/400rwtq.

My questions/concerns: I have done searches on the these forums but could not find what I am looking for. First, what super-charger system is most cost-effective for the car? I understand Ford acknowledges the Saleen and Roush S/C kits. Are there others? And what are the warranty stipulations for getting one? And second, how much power can the stock Transmission/Clutch (Tremec TR-3650) reliably hold?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
--yamsta

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, 8 grand seems like a lot. But I guess you gotta pay for the reliability. I did not read anywhere about the transmission and how much power can hold though. Anyone else got more information (both on S/C and tranny)?

Also, I know the stock 235 rubbers will NOT hold 400hp very well; it hardly holds the stock hp that well. Given that, is there anyone who has widened their stock Bullitt wheels? I would like to keep the stock look as much as possible.

Thanks,
--yamsta

·
Registered
249 Posts
yamsta said:
Wow, 8 grand seems like a lot. But I guess you gotta pay for the reliability. I did not read anywhere about the transmission and how much power can hold though. Anyone else got more information (both on S/C and tranny)?

Also, I know the stock 235 rubbers will NOT hold 400hp very well; it hardly holds the stock hp that well. Given that, is there anyone who has widened their stock Bullitt wheels? I would like to keep the stock look as much as possible.

Thanks,
--yamsta
Check out post #11 here...

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155692

From there, you'll see a link to photobucket showing some pictures of the stock rear Bullitt wheels being widened along with a supercharger modification. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
If you are looking for warranty. Ford Racing has a Supercharger option that when installed by your Ford dealer retains the original Ford warranty.

Some of the Roush kits do as well, but you will have to confirm the details. I don't think the Saleen does unless you purchase a Saleen prepared car.

Another option if 'Bullitt' isn't important is a GT500

·
Registered
54 Posts
Let me Know if you have any interest in my car I am from NJ not too far.

I am very strongly considering selling my 2008 Mustang Bullitt. It Has The Ambient Lighting, Sirius Satellite Radio, And the Shaker 1000 System. I have 2,000 miles on the car and about 10 coats of wax. I had JDM Engineering install A SALEEN Supercahrger about a month ago, They are a authorized dealer for Saleen so I still retain My factory Warranty. It has 442 RWHP you can see a video under the Dyno Shop forum. I am Asking $35,500 The Super charger installed with custom tune and SCT Excalibrator was $ 8,090 Which i Have a Invoice for...

What do you think any input appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
powerhouse411.net

turbocharge it
i am (twice)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info everyone. After doing more research, I have decided to get a different vehicle at this time.

thanks again,
--yamsta

1 - 10 of 10 Posts