Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are snippets of rumors, speculation, and information about the 2009 Mustang from various forums, websites, and blogs.

From TheMustangNews.com
The 4-valve version of the 4.6 and 5.4 are also likely to return in either supercharged or naturally aspirated forms for higher performance models. A 3-valve 5.4 liter V8 is also a possibility as it is less costly than a supercharged engine with similar power.

Will a six speed transmission ever become standard in the 2009 Mustang? Perhaps, but it is more likely to be a six-speed automatic that is available at first. Unless the competition warrants otherwise, our bet is on the 5-speed manual to stick around except on hi performance models like the Cobra. A true manu-matic sequential gearbox with shift paddles on the wheel is an expensive proposition that might be in the cards for the upper line Cobras, but we aren’t holding our breath.

From TheMustangSource.com Forums
Back on target I swore Ford made an official statement delaying the facelift to 2010. The current car is great so in my opinion the later the delay the better. All the mustangs are stunning. The only thing I don't like are those **** air extracters on the Shelby. They are God awful. Thank God for the stripes as they take your attention off the ugly extracters.

Actually the above is somewhat true, but it wasn't Ford that stated the 2009 Mustang would be pushed back to 2010 actually it was Autoweek Magazine who claimed that here.

From StangsUnleashed.com
Sources familiar with Ford’s future engine product development program told StangsUnleashed that Ford is working on a 4.6L “niche” engine that could possibly appear in a special high-performance version of the 2008 or 2009 Ford Mustang. A niche engine is often referred to as a limited production high performance engine, such as those found in SVT Cobra Mustangs or Mustang feature cars like the Mach1.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I might take notice when they "think out of their box" and bring out a 6.0 sized engine. An under 350 cube engine won't cut it without the blower.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Well forget it Larry..... Now if you where Jay Leno Ford would build you what you want..... But since your not, your stuck with the stuff the rest of us peasents get..... Wait until Mopar or GM builds a PONY car that equals our cars, or maybe surpasses it

But it looks like congress is going to pass laws raising the fuel mileage to 35MPG, so we all may have to kiss V8's good bye... Which probly may mean GM and Mopar won't build their version of the Pony car with more that 300 HP.......

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yeah,the end is near. But that wouldn't take full effect until 2020. I will say 2008 will be most like 1970 was,as far as high HP cars. Few years after that and things will be gearing towards economy.
So the latest hot super cars between now and then could very well end up really collectible 20 years from now.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
DAAAAAAAAAANG ... They just cannot think outside the 4.6 box can they ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts