Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
"Power output is speculated at around 310 horsepower and will include a lowered suspension."

In my line of work, we call speculation "SWAGs*." :-N I was kinda hoping for some sort of leaked info. Regardless, I would be more than happy with both of those, but the pic is just an old photoshop before the car was announced. I seriously doubt it will have the "BULLITT" emblem on the side.

*Silly, Wild-Assed Guess for those who don't know.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
I thought the new Bullitt was supposed to have around 400 hp.

Hmmm.

:cry:

·
Registered
114 Posts
All I know is that with 310hp, it's not worth the mark up that it's going to have. You might as well buy a regular GT. You would think that they would make it at least 325hp or 350hp... something better than 310hp.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Good point. I read that wrong. I saw 310 but thought 410. Doh! :)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Auto politics. It's very unlikely the Bullitt will have equal to or more hp than the Shelby GT of 325hp but probably slightly more than the stock GT. 310 sounds very probable.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I wish Ford would stop this micro managing the horsepower,based on model status level!! 310 HP? I won't waste my time to look at it.
So,if the complete Ford "Go" package gives 318 HP,as in the Shelby GT,then what are they going to leave out of the package? Maybe just a cold air package?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Well I guess ford let me down, I was hoping for a little more power than that. Maybe the handling will make up for it. Oh well I guess I will have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
All of us who went to nats saw the 05 Motor Trend GT painted Highland Green (or was it DHG?)

There just aint no way it's gonna look a whole lot different than that. The lowered suspension and red redesigned calipers will help make it look stronger but it's still gonna be an S197 like the Shelby GT....with a little less HP and a simpler front end...... for 35K or 36K or ???????

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Guys give the car a chance. There's only one person I know who has seen it and their opinion is that it looks good. Wait and see before y'all start bashing on it. As for the power issue, how many here bought the Bullitt instead of the Cobra in 01 just because it looked cool(er) inspite of having less power. I for one am excited for this car and wish I had the space and funds to get it regardless of the items everyone is always b i t c hing about.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Hmmm, 310hp. I don't think I ever expected it to be more than 325, but geez...310?
I guess that really puts it on par with the 01. A small power increase with better handling, brakes and appearance stuff. I guess that's the way it goes.

A 2007 Premium GT base MSRP is around $27,600. Common sense would say add a $500 price increase for 2008. And add on say, $4400 for the Bullitt package? (The 01 was about $3700. $4400 would seem to be in line.) Think this car will hit the showroom with window sticker of $32,500? I don't.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
The info in that article is old info that has been running around the Mustang sites as is the concept drawing. It is not a Ford drawing. They are a little late. I have been asssured by some former Team Mustang members me that we will be happy with the final product but that is all they will say ....

As for the styling... The Auto Blog reported it was the BEST looking 05+ yet.

Try close to 35K.

Don't expect to see it before the leaves turn unless things change....

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yeah, let's wait and see what the real scoop is!
BTW, in my business we call a SWAG - "systematic wild ass guess"
it sounds more professional than "silly"
LOL

Marty

·
Registered
68 Posts
mystang99 said:
yeah, let's wait and see what the real scoop is!
BTW, in my business we call a SWAG - "systematic wild ass guess"
it sounds more professional than "silly"
LOL

Marty
At my company, it's "scientific wild-ass guess".

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Well, with 310 hp I won't be buying it, and at $35K I won't be buying it. Guess I'm sticking with what I have.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
As far as price, A loaded GT will cost in the neighborhood of 30K. If you take the package our cars came with and adjust for 6 year difference, it's going to be around 5K. So 35K is a pretty accurate assumption. ADMs are nother matter. Since the Bullitt will be the only SE in 08, you can bet 310 HP or not there will be an ADM at least in the beginning with only 7500 reportedly being built.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kaylan1521 said:
BTW Barry, sorry but I can't resist....

Has your brother in law seen the car yet? :D j/k
Funny you should ask. I asked him Sunday and he says he's heard some talk of it but that's all. But remember it's probably going to be a GT with some added parts so it won't take Ford long to come out with the car. The gas cap on my '07 Mustang is on the driver's side so the pic is accurate.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts