Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Bullitt #1671, I purchased it about five years ago. I'm debating selling it for various reasons. Some medical, some brought on by pandemic induced economic factors.

At any rate, it has 120k miles and I've owned it since 65k or so. It's been meticulously maintained by myself and a local mechanic who deals with Mustangs.

It has all new brake pads and rotors all the way around.
All new OEM clutch. Complete from the clutch pack to throw out bearing and slave cylinder. All of it done at 116k miles.
New alternator
New battery in the last year
Rear end basket fluid changed with Mobil 1 Synthetic with modifier
Oil changed every 5k with Amsoil Synthetic and Motorcraft Filter
Transmission fluid changed every 20k with Amsoil Synthetic fluid.
Coolant changed yearly with Ford Gold coolant. Here in Florida this is cheap peace of mind.
Car has original wheels etc. No mods done. Left her alone as Ford intended her to be.

The bad....
It does have some small touched up rock chips and others that a 12 year old driven car would have but nothing terrible.

It was involved in a fender bender at a red-light. A girl was looking at her phone and hit me. It was nothing structural and it was repaired professionally through Geico, my insurance company as it turned out she had no insurance at all.

It has the intermittent ticking under the defroster when the AC is turned on. It doesn't seem to effect anything. Prices seem all over the map and so I'm no sure where to list it.

I'd appreciate any insights. Thank you all.
20180826_121623.jpg
20150814_081543.jpg
20191008_100735.jpg
20180826_121623.jpg
20150814_081543.jpg
20191008_100735.jpg
20190831_105233.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Go to Hagerty and plug in your info. They will give you a value range.

·
Administrator
6,381 Posts
In good condition, Hagerty values these cars at $14,500. If I was going to buy your car, knowing that you've done all that maintenance, it would help me offer something north of $13,000 easily. The only thing I notice from your pictures that someone picky might identify is the worn leather on the steering wheel. However, since this car is stock, that would be a big plus to me. Also, if your tires have decent life left, that would also help. I wouldn't really care about the rear end repair so long as the paint match looks solid.

Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess the real question is what do you think the car is worth? Based on what I paid for my 38K mile car just this past May, I think the car is worth no more than $9K. Sorry.

·
Administrator
6,381 Posts
I guess the real question is what do you think the car is worth? Based on what I paid for my 38K mile car just this past May, I think the car is worth no more than $9K. Sorry.
Was the mileage on your car in the range of what the OP has?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The OP has stated that he's got 120K miles on his car. Mine had 38K when I bought it in May 2020.

·
Administrator
6,381 Posts
The OP has stated that he's got 120K miles on his car. Mine had 38K when I bought it in May 2020.
If you are comfortable sharing what you bought it for, I am interested to hear how much you paid. If not, no worries and I certainly understand not wanting to do that on a public forum post. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd rather not say what I paid, but I can tell you that I was looking for quite some time before I found a car in my area (the biggest problem) that fit my criterion (low miles, un-modified, and well cared for). Most of the ones I considered had no more than 60K miles and were in the $19K and under price range. I paid significantly less than $19K to get mine.

·
Administrator
6,381 Posts
Thanks for the information. It's been my view that the '08-'09s continue to do reasonably well on their value, even with the mileage in the 100,000 mile range. That's based on observations of various sales prices in a number of auctions and forum posts.

That said, I think the OP has a value advantage because of the stock condition. At this point, it's definitely in the realm of what the seller and buyer agree, but I personally would not value this car under $10,000. But that's just me :)

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
OP; Sorry to hear you might need to part w/ your sweet 'stang. FWIW, used vehicles are selling at a premium (due to pandemic) so good time to set a price you're willing to take & see where it goes. She's real clean & that's low miles f/ this car/year...glld luck & let us know how it goes. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts