Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Not purchasing. Prefer Black.

Votes: 6 9.8%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to which color is preferred.

·
Banned
978 Posts
Isn't Ford releasing a red Bullitt as well for 2008?

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had heard the rumor of a Red Bullitt but everything I've seen only offers Green and Black.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
PX said:
Isn't Ford releasing a red Bullitt as well for 2008?

That would be the one I would like to have. If I park the 01 next to the Red 08 on December 25th I'd be in the spirit...

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
This is just my opinion....ok....spent too many years in Army green...an Black is a pain to keep clean....so.....i want a true blue one...just my luck...they aint gonna make one:cry:

I was thinking about having my B(a BLACK ONE) painted true blue:lol:...not...j/k

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Ahh the infamous red Bullitt. who knew that the new Bullitt was hidden in plain sight??
are you serious?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
dg517 said:
This is just my opinion....ok....spent too many years in Army green...an Black is a pain to keep clean....so.....i want a true blue one...just my luck...they aint gonna make one:cry:

I was thinking about having my B(a BLACK ONE) painted true blue:lol:...not...j/k
I wish they would bring back the same True Blue. I really like that color.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I haven't decided if I am getting one or not, but if I do it would defnintely be green. If blue was a choice I would consider it, but not black.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
5111 said:
I haven't decided if I am getting one or not, but if I do it would defnintely be green. If blue was a choice I would consider it, but not black.
I can't believe you would consider anything but Green! Are you getting weak in your old age.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
9mmBullitt said:
I can't believe you would consider anything but Green! Are you getting weak in your old age.
Don't forget that I am married :(

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think if they came in True Blue we'd be trading in the '05.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
DHG 3840 said:
are you serious?
Yes. This car was the prototype for the Bullitt. Remember the Popular Mechanics sky shot that was quickly discounted? The same car. Ford did some damage control by saying we would never make a red Bullitt. I has all the Bullitt goodies but the color is red.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
It is a Bullitt edition Mustang, so it really has to be green.

No offense to those who own non-green '01s. I understand some people despise green cars. I myself don't like green on cars unless it is dark, which the Bullitt is.

I'm sure the '08 will look fantastic in Black, but it will also just look like a black customised Mustang.
I do love black on most cars, I already own a couple of black cars. I've often found those who declare black is impossible to keep clean and looking good have never owned a black car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
IMO Green does just not look good on most cars, The black Bullitt just looks, nasty, and stealthier. Not only is Black paint scheme more iconic, classic, and classy, but it looks aggressive. You can take almost any car and paint it black and have it look much better than it normally it would look in a different color.

Case in point, I submit to you the fallowing for you consideration.

Exhibit A: 1968 Ford LTD

Let's be honest the 1960's was not exactly know for good taste in fashion or colors on cars.....
Just look at Exhibit B:

It is only my opinion but the Black Bullitt just executes the style, stance, and the abeyance of power better.... You just can't deny the facts.

Sure Black paint is harder to keep clean, but the satisfaction you get when you do have it waxed and washed and parked at a gas station under the fluorescent lights is second to none... It is candy for the eye... Black lacquer.... Any who, every one has their own point of view on this subject... but this is just my opinion...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I think the Bullitt looks great in black. My 05GT lease is up and May and I was thinking my next car would be a black 08GT- maybe even with red stripes.
So when the Bullitt was announced I thought I might get it in black, I was concerned that DHG might not look too good.
But after see pics and vids of the car, I'm going with the DHG.
And if you love the movie and the '68 mustang in the movie- then you MUST get it in DHG. And since I love the movie and the car- DHG for me.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Yes they had things backward in the movie, the Charger should have been green and the Mustang black. Too bad it wasn't.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts