Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 BULLITT Pic and Talk on GM Site

I just checked www.gminsidenews.com forums. They have a photo of the right front fender of the 08 BULLITT. And the BowTie bows aren't kind to the 08........
armytc

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
This worries me. If that is the same wheel that is on the Black GT Shelby, I am not happy. No offense to those wh like them.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
disappointing

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That new bullitt is going to suck. They are going to overcharge for it and it looks plain jane. It most likely won't have all the unique features that the 01's had like seats, aluminum accents, gauges, body upgrades, suspension upgrades, unique engine upgrades, etc... They are basically just painting a spoilerless GT and putting some off the shelf go fast goodies on it. Way to go Ford. BTW, Ditch those ugly black wheels.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
It most likely won't have all the unique features that the 01's had like seats, aluminum accents, gauges, body upgrades, suspension upgrades, unique engine upgrades, etc...
You know this, how?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
That new bullitt is going to suck. They are going to overcharge for it and it looks plain jane. It most likely won't have all the unique features that the 01's had like seats, aluminum accents, gauges, body upgrades, suspension upgrades, unique engine upgrades, etc... They are basically just painting a spoilerless GT and putting some off the shelf go fast goodies on it. Way to go Ford. BTW, Ditch those ugly black wheels.
J/K, right? :confused:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I don't know anything but from what features they've leaked it doesn't sound to be as good of a complete package as the 01's were. I mean they said there were going to be brake upgrades. Are they going to just upgrade the pads or rotors? The only factory Big brake kit is made by Brembo and is only on the GT-500's. As for the suspension what are they going to do? Probably take the already in use Shelby GT shocks/struts and springs? What about sway bars? The new Mustang already has a "Retro" interior soo what will they do to set the Bullitt apart? Ford might be trying to push this out without making it the way we want it. You get excited by seeing the 05+ that was modified to look how the 08 bullitt should look http://www.ponysite.de/bullitt_kljones.htm. But ford wont go that far anymore. Or will they?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Like I posted before. Something is not adding up. Why would you take 5 complete Bullitts and drive them to BFE PA so some Mustang guy can take pics when he realizes what they are? Kind of makes the whole LA surprize worthless.

Those GM guys shouldn't be talking... An SS Trailblazer??? They have made the SS name nothing more than a badge and sticker package. It certainly is not up to the standard of the SS nameplate.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Well hopefully Ford does suprise us with a complete package that will make us want to buy it. Hopefully they aren't cheaping out on it. I really don't like the stock GT front bumper either. It would be nice if thet used the shelby front bumper.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
Well hopefully Ford does suprise us with a complete package that will make us want to buy it. Hopefully they aren't cheaping out on it. I really don't like the stock GT front bumper either. It would be nice if thet used the shelby front bumper.
I don't think it's going to happen. The least Ford could've done was put on a unique hood. The best they could've done was put in 340hp. But I think it's just going to be a DHG GT with some add ons. The worst part is it looks like a lot of the parts are bin shopped from other Mustang packages. It's probably going to look sharp, but there's little really new about it.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Here's a better link
http://www.stangnet.com/Ford-Mustang-News/2008-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-Spy-Shots-070918.html

I agree on those wheels. I am NOT a fan of the newer Bullitts. I do like the chrome ones as a stock wheel, and would run them. But would never be interested in purchasing/swapping for a set on a S197. At least they did put a new color these, as before I believe it was only polished, chrome, or black. I guess it's lost hope now, but I hope they do an original wheel like they did on ours... and then not put it on every other mustang that comes out of the factory too :D

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
"Your honor, I would like to submit exhibit A: The new Impala SS. I rest my case."

(Owner of a 1995 Impala SS. ;-))

droopysbullitt said:
Like I posted before. Something is not adding up. Why would you take 5 complete Bullitts and drive them to BFE PA so some Mustang guy can take pics when he realizes what they are? Kind of makes the whole LA surprize worthless.

Those GM guys shouldn't be talking... An SS Trailblazer??? They have made the SS name nothing more than a badge and sticker package. It certainly is not up to the standard of the SS nameplate.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think some of these GM idiots (some that can't spell... "artical"??) seem to forget that there precious new camaro is slated to be in the $40,000 price range... If our Bullitt cost that much, it would be getting a 400hp engine. And it's not all about power... you have torque and reliability, both of which is very good in the new v8 engine. I've seen PLENTY of 2000-2001 camaro/firebirds along the roads broken down in my trips across country... I RARELY ever see a broken down stang. And yes, the SS badge is a joke in the GM community... nothing special except for the badge and some extra chrome.

·
Car Whisperer
20,881 Posts
Ezekial said:
I guess it's lost hope now, but I hope they do an original wheel like they did on ours... and then not put it on every other mustang that comes out of the factory too :D

like they did ours.......

the mach wheel never made it on anything else from ford, but ours...they put it on everything.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
First of all bench racing is gay! No offence to any gay members ;). Secondly, bench racing with a car that is at least a year away from production is down right stupid. I do hope the bowtie guys see this post as well. GM will never upstage the Vette with a Camaro no matter what any of those dreamers say. How would you like to drop mega $$ on a Z06 and then a month later a Camaro at half the price blows your doors off..... Don't think so. Also, the Camaro and Challenger (which they keep calling Charger) WILL WEIGH AROUND 4000 #'s. In todays market with A/C, ABS, Stability control, traction control, 6, 7 liter motors, huge tires and so on get used to it.

I really think that since the Bullitt is taking such a beating on the other sites we here as Bullitt owners/enthusiasts should really take a chill on bashing this car until we see it, feel it and more importantly drive it. Once again, an S197 chassis is a whole new world and even with ONLY 312 hp you just may like how it performs.

Those bowtie folks are also comparing a WS6 Trans Am and the SS Camaro to a Mustang GT. yeah, ok, how about we Compare my Bullitt or GT500 to their Camaro. Not a fair fight. So, they bring in the Vette, fair enough, I'll bring in a Ford GT. See how stupid this can get. Oh well, I guess this and the fact that I don't look good in a Mullett is why I drive Mustangs. Actually, the Mullett must be making a comeback because the Camaro is too. :rotfl:

Off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant but it really ****es me off that they can bash a car that is still available while they go to bed dreaming of a car that is not, and who knows, may not be produced if GM pulls the plug!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
kaylan1521 said:
First of all bench racing is gay! No offence to any gay members ;).

homo say what???

I really think that since the Bullitt is taking such a beating on the other sites we here as Bullitt owners/enthusiasts should really take a chill on bashing this car until we see it, feel it and more importantly drive it. Once again, an S197 chassis is a whole new world and even with ONLY 312 hp you just may like how it performs.

trust me the car will be in the high 13's easily, and that with running on regular
best I have wrung out of my shelby gt is 13:86 but I know its slightly quicker then that.

Those bowtie folks are also comparing a WS6 Trans Am and the SS Camaro to a Mustang GT. yeah, ok, how about we Compare my Bullitt or GT500 to their Camaro. Not a fair fight. So, they bring in the Vette, fair enough, I'll bring in a Ford GT. See how stupid this can get. Oh well, I guess this and the fact that I don't look good in a Mullett is why I drive Mustangs. Actually, the Mullett must be making a comeback because the Camaro is too. :rotfl:

might need a ''real'' big block to haul that around eh?

Off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant but it really ****es me off that they can bash a car that is still available while they go to bed dreaming of a car that is not, and who knows, may not be produced if GM pulls the plug!
its ok paul............we understand

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Well, I can't grow a mullett (you need hair for that, right? :wink: ) I love my 01 Bullitt and that's all that matters to me. I'm glad I'm not into all the "what ifs" because I have enough to worry about. Be happy!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts