Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have already been addressed...

I see the special Bullitt serialization plate on the shock tower brace and had a few questions...

1. Is there another serialization plate located in a different place?

2. Does the VIN alone denote it as a Bullitt (unlike the 2001 Bullitt)?

3. Are there any other codes (like the KW interior trim code on the 2001 Bullitt) that indicate it as a Bullitt?

Just curious...for some reason I groove on this kind of stuff.

:nerd:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Cochese said:
2. Does the VIN alone denote it as a Bullitt (unlike the 2001 Bullitt)?
the 01 did
the engine code was the Cobra cobra code while the body was GT

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Ezekial said:
the 01 did

Are you sure? my Snap-on Scan tool when asked for engine id from the vin, show code "X" to be a SOHC 4.6, Cobra was DOHC 4.6. And I have seen alot of Base GTs with vin code of "X".

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Ezekial said:
the 01 did
No. That's incorrect. The VIN doesn't identify the car as a Bullitt. The best way to identify the car is by the interior trim code, it's KW.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
Will they start at #0001 or with the next number after the last '01?
Very good question, I would like to see numbering start with an 02-xxxx for second edition or 08-xxxx for the year. Of course that probably wont fly at ford but hey its a thought.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Y2K16T8 said:
No. That's incorrect. The VIN doesn't identify the car as a Bullitt. The best way to identify the car is by the interior trim code, it's KW.
true, there is not a real VIN code I guess
but I was correct on the engine code. I found out that when doing the initial research on the Bullitts. I kept wondering why it came up 32 valve in certain searches.

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
I think droopysbullitt mentioned that the number will start at '0001'.

·
Registered
722 Posts
dhg1848 said:
So, I assume the "PP" in the serial numbers of the Bullitts built thus far stands for "pre-production"?
No, it stands for I "PP'd" my pants when I saw the car, but not as much as I did when I saw the '01 Bullitt :).

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DiZzyBonne said:
No, it stands for I "PP'd" my pants when I saw the car, but not as much as I did when I saw the '01 Bullitt :).
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's crafty, DiZzyBonne. :lol:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The X in the vin stands for 8 cyl 4.6l sohc engine. The 6th and 7th digit,42, stands for Mustang GT 2dr/Mustang GT Bullitt 2dr. 40 stands for Mustang coupe 2dr, 44 mustang convertible 2dr, 45 Mustang GT cv 2dr, 46 Mustang SVT Cobra cv 2dr, and 47 stands for SVT Cobra 2dr. This is 2001 only vin description. So all Mustang V8s had X in the 8 position.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Here's what I got so far. No unique VIN. And there is another indentifier on the car but they could not tell me at this time. I will find out more later as the team is in LA for the Auto Show.

What team?..is in LA?:toocool:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
will they brink a bottle of chamapgne to break over the fender and launch the car?
inquiring minds want to know...........

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Here's what I got so far. No unique VIN. And there is another indentifier on the car but they could not tell me at this time. I will find out more later as the team is in LA for the Auto Show.
So. . .has the second indentifier location been disclosed?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts