Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Bullitt in for an oil change, got a call that the water pump was showing signs of leaking around the gasket. It was fixed under warranty - they replaced the water pump. They said replacing the water pump was Ford's recommendation. Sounds to me like it's a known issue. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
628 Posts
How many miles on it? I am trying to mentally rolodex all this stuff for mine.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i changed my water pump over to an electric model at 11,000 miles with zero signs of leakage from the factory water pump. glad you got it covered under warranty!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Get the meziere electric water pump/relay kit. I am running it now, and have in the past. It gives you 11-14hp, flows 55gpm, and you can run it with the car off if it overheats/at the track. And if you are staying all motor get the steeda crank only udp and new belt with the meziere and you will probably net 18-25rwhp, based on your supporting mods.

·
Registered
92 Posts
water pump

I have also put the same electric water pump on my car. I like it, although I haven't noticed any change in the performance. My mechanic recommended I watch the temperature gauge. I am not worried. I remember talking to Seth at Brenspeed and he said something like under normal driving conditions the factory gauges would be Just fine. :smile:

·
Registered
969 Posts
originally posted by Magnum591:

how does that electric pump run I was looking it to that last week.
Magnum,

what navyman8093, aka joe, said above + 100

i also installed the maziere electric water pump. the install is very straight forward. if you decide to get one, i highly recommend getting the wiring harness/relay kit for like $20.00 i beleive. then you will have everything you need to do the job. you can do the entire install in a couple hours. here is a link to where i did mine that includes instructions.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169044

one thing to keep in mind, any time you turn your ignition on, even if you are not starting your car, your water pump will be running. so if you turn your key to the first position to listen to your radio, you will also be sending power to the water pump. but this is also cool because you can hear your water pump come on before you start your car so you will know if it's working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts