Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my issue of motortrend this month and it has a great article about the upcoming bullitt mustang. I have to say that the 01' Bullitt is much more pleasing to the eye than the new one. I also think that the new mustang is just way to heavy to be a contender. If you look at the Super snake mustang that puts out 600 horspower its barely faster that a new corvette that puts out 436hp. A 01' Bullitt with 600hp would be in the low 11's :)

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Yup, everyone has an opinion about the new Bullitt.

I discovered that the S197 Mustang is not a lot heavier that the SN95. I weighed my Bullitt and an 07 manual GT and found that they were within 100 pounds of each other.

But the new design is a bigger car and feels bigger to me during a test drive. At the track on open track day the new Mustangs look a lot bigger than the SN95s. I like the new style but not the new size.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The '08 Bullitt is great BUUUUT, it just does not stand out compared to the way the '01's did next to a standard GT.

The reason may be that the current style is so sharp and looks like the '68's already.

Whatever, it makes for interesting discussion - just like the football BCS bowl games selection process.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
It's bigger, slightly heavier, more powerful, handles better, feels more solid, shifts waaaaaaay better and IMO looks more like the 68 than the 01's.......in a nutshell. Having said all that I'm not getting rid of my 01 and wont be getting an 08 just yet but I definitely see one in my garage sometime in the future.

What's the one thing it needs? A blower. That would be my only suggestion if I had've been able to drive one while cruising around Dearborn not too long ago.....

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
It's a long shot but if I was made an offer I could not refuse, I may drive home an 08 (in the spring) instead of the 01. But I doubt very strongly that I would be made such a deal. I love the original Bullitt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts