Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my black 2008 Bullitt (5414) and it has a OEM Shelby 500 rear spoiler installed on it.

It's not a collector car with 120,000 miles so I plan on driving it weekends spring thru fall and just enjoying it.
It has a few mods I'm going to replace back to stock when I find the parts which include an aftermarket cold air intake and a Competition Plus Hurst shifter.

I've already picked up an original set of 18x8.5 Bullitt wheels with Bullitt center caps (I assume these were available years ago and are now obsolete) to replace the staggered chrome 5 spoke IXI 20" wheels and tires that were on it when I purchased it.
I'm torn on the spoiler thought, it really does look good on the car. I have an old 2005 trunklid (blue with spoiler delete) that I can get painted, just would like to get some of your opinions.

Thanks
Gary in East Tennessee

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Gary

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Go with what you like. There are other Bullitts out there that have had a spoiler added.

I would NOT change out the Hurst shifter for a stock one. The stock one was not very good after a few miles. If you want the Stock look, consider upgrading to the MGW shifter. Get the correct handle to use the stock shifter ball.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a friend who is giving me a stock shifter, I'm going to cut the stick off of it and have it machined and drilled to fit in the competition plus, going to adjust the height to match the height of the Hurst, I like the higher position of the knob.

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
342 Posts
it's your car. if you like the spoiler leave it that way.
i modified my 08 bullit with a LOT of GT500 parts, including the rear spoiler. it also has a GT500 rear bumper.
i call it the bullitt 500.

on loading pics
hit quick reply. when the window opens scroll down to the bottom and there will be a tab for go advanced. hit that and your window will open a little different window, scroll down to the bottom and on the left side there will be a tag for manage attachments. click on that and another window will open that will allow you to attach a pic from your computer. you click on browse and it will open your files on your computer. click on the file that holds your pics. click on the pic you want then click on open. you can up to load 5 pics. after choosing pics than click on upload and it will load your pics. after loading pics hit save and you posted your pics from your computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 08 has the 3-piece spoiler on it and is actually a main reason I bought it. I’ve always loved the Bullitt but absolutely can’t stand the “naked” look of them with no spoiler! It’s totally a preference thing. That’s the nice thing about spoilers though: if you don’t like it, you can take it off. If you like it, you can put one on. It’s by no means “blasphemous” when it’s YOUR car! Also, the ‘64 1/2 original Mustang didn’t have a spoiler but that doesn’t mean any other later model Mustang is any “less” of a Mustang for having one (unless it’s one of those 1982 LX things). A Bullitt is still a Bullitt with or without a spoiler! Here’s mine!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of your support, I think it really finishes the look of the Mustang, I'm trying to post some pictures but I think I'll get the wheels and tires installed first, hopefully tomorrow.

You all have some beautiful Bullitt's, thanks for the pictures mrt2you & MustangSally6907.

I drove the Dragon with my wife Monday around lunchtime, I was in my 2008 beater Mustang, have a little bit of work to do before I put the Bullitt on the road.

Gary

·
Administrator
6,180 Posts
Have fun, Gary! The Bullitt purist instinct in me says "no way" but as a couple of posts demonstrate, the S197 body style looks good with a variety of choices out there. MustangSally's car in particular has a great treatment. Interestingly enough, the 2000 Bullitt Concept, which led to the 2001 production model, had a minimalist spoiler that was very subtle. In a way, there is precedence!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kujo362, that has to be the ultimate sleeper, a 5.0 transplant is on my bucket list (if you quit dreaming you quit living).

Gary

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Kujo, so 3826 has had a heart transplant with a younger heart! Major surgery which, hopefully, will lead to a long life.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I still like the plain, stripped V6 look - no spoiler on mine, thanks.
Funny; my ‘09 KR actually came with the flat, V6 spoiler. I would have preferred no spoiler on it too.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm surprised they put the flat spoiler on a 500KR, I always thought that the front air splitter/air dam, rear bumper with the diffuser, hood louvers and the rear spoiler we're all part of the aero package to keep it stuck to the pavement at high speed.

Gary

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
If you like it roll with it. I like a clean look but that’s me.

Welcome aboard.
Yep. What attracted me to a Bullitt in the first place was it's "clean" look. Salesman tried to steer me to a stiped & spoilerd GT they had in the showroom. I told him he didn't understand...that if he couldn't find a new Bullitt in a dealer trade, I wasn't going to buy a Mustang. By Jove, he got it.

All that said, it's YOUR car...so what looks good to you should be the important thing.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's the plan so far, I'm going to leave the spoiler on it but I'm going to have my plain trunklid painted to match the Bullitt. I also have a California Special front bumper and a Shelby 500 rear bumper that I'll get painted at the same time.
I'll switch them around over a couple of weekends and see what combination I want to run for awhile.
I can always take it back to original at anytime the urge hits me.

Thanks
Gary

1 - 20 of 48 Posts