Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this Bullitt from the original owner in October, 2009 with 7,100 miles on it. It has just under 30,000 miles on the odometer right now. I had lusted for one of these cars for all of 2008 and in 2009 I finally figured out how I could afford one, but they were no longer available brand new. The original purchaser of this one, a victim of the ’08 Recession, needed to divest himself of all his mortgaged ‘toys’, and with regrets, passed it on to me. I was newly retired with a pension and blissfully unaffected by the economic downturn, but happy to partially rescue a fellow Bullitt-lover from his financial distress. Since then, I have loved this car every day I have been privileged to own it. I am a lifelong professional Mechanic, devoted (Ford blue) car guy and I understand people that have relationships with their cars. If I could afford to keep this car forever and still make new acquisitions, I would. But it is now time to raise some funds to finish the hot rod I’ve been building forever. (Big block Ford-powered ’32 Roadster)

This Bullitt is mostly un-molested, having made only a few very minor refinements to enhance an almost perfect automobile. Gas hood struts (to replace the gawdawful-Toyota-Corolla-looking hood prop rod), a shorter radio antenna (I loved the 50’s but not the 4-foot-long antennas of the era), car color taillight trim (that Ford apparently forgot to add), dashboard lettering (that was the OEM ’01 Bullitt rear body emblem), sequential turn signals (cuz they’re COOL), Steeda billet aluminum rear lower control arms (correcting a well-known handling problem, and they’re COOL), a Green air filter (it’s a green car, duh), ceramic window tint, and a few silly play-on-words Bullitt/bullet items like 9mm shell casing tire valve caps, hollow-point door lock knobs, 45cal license plate bolts. Not to mention my license plate and frame that exploits the fact that I share the same first name with the guy that famously drove the ’68 Mustang in the movie. (You may not want them if your name is Fred, or something.)

Like I said, I’m a mechanic and do know how to take care of a car. Regular oil changes with Mobil 1 full synthetic 5-20W, Motorcraft filters and I have never had to add any oil between changes. The engine compartment, like the rest of the car, is regularly detailed. It was originally purchased in nearby Henderson, Nevada, now in SoCal, has never been driven in the rain, never seen snow. I keep a battery maintainer on the car while it is in the garage or carport and under a car cover in between short drives to car shows, just to keep things working well, and occasional fun blasts to terrify family members, visitors and friends. In the interest of full disclosure, (confession) my wife and I did take it on one trip up to Pleasanton, CA for a Goodguys car show in 2014 and had a fantastic time up there on the mountain roads.

My #2148 Bullitt is factory equipped with HID headlights, multi-color interior ‘ambient lighting’ (that maybe your kids/grandkids will think is cool), Sirius-ready Shaker 500 audio system with 6-disc CD changer, active anti-theft system and all the Bullitt package goodies. Included with the car is the original stuff I removed, a top-of-the-line custom Weathershield HD Superweave Premium All-Weather Custom Car Cover from California Car Cover that is about a year or so old (the third cover I have bought for the car), a Ford accessory front end bra, and a Steeda Performance rear upper control arm that I never got around to installing. Key fobs, owner’s manuals, original window sticker, service records & receipts, Bullitt / Steve McQueen memorabilia and probably some other stuff that I forgot that I had (but will dig up before sale) are also included.

I understand that anyone that spends this kind of money on a 13-year-old car just wants to drive and enjoy it without worrying about what service needs to be done. You’re in luck! I just replaced all 4 tires, changed the engine oil and filter, replaced the battery, changed the transmission oil, flushed the brake fluid, replaced the coolant, air filter, and cabin air filter. This car is READY! (All receipts and documentation included.)
If you’re looking for a really clean, undamaged, legit, mostly stock Bullitt, this is definitely one of the nicer ones around.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Vehicle Tire Plant Wheel
Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Automobile pedal
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting
Vehicle cover Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
White Jersey Textile Bag Sleeve
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Vehicle Tire Plant Wheel
Car Gear shift Vehicle Speedometer Automobile pedal
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting
Vehicle cover Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
White Jersey Textile Bag Sleeve

Reactions: tossass4370

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Nice looking car...trouble with advertising here is that, well...most of us already have one. My '09 at 32,000. Zero mods. I'd suggest that if you don't sell it soon, consider more pics, a driving video, and put it on bring a trailer. Love your write-up..very well done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking car...trouble with advertising here is that, well...most of us already have one. My '09 at 32,000. Zero mods. I'd suggest that if you don't sell it soon, consider more pics, a driving video, and put it on bring a trailer. Love your write-up..very well done.
Sure, I get that most people here have one, but the advantage is that if someone is looking for a car here they have already decided they want a B! Thanks for the comments and the next place it’s going will be BAT. (Don’t know why the pics posted twice? But I don’t have much experience at this.) I had it sold this weekend at the Goodguys Del Mar Nationals but the guy’s wife went crazy and he had to choose between a Bullitt or a new wife! (The latter would have been WAY more expensive.)

Reactions: pwd72s

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
LOL! Guess I'm lucky in that regard. I've been toying with the idea of a Mach 1...wife says go ahead. Thing is, I prefer the '09 Bullitt...just that my clutch foot went wonky on me with a snapped tendon, thinking the new 10 speed auto. But..I can still work the clutch, just not as well as before...so still on the fence. I'm weird...don't like the dashes of the new 'stangs..all the star trek whiz bag stuff. Much prefer a good set of gauges...period.

Anyway, good luck with the sale...as nice as your car looks, BAT might get you a bit more than you're asking now...the new car shortage making nice used ones worth more than a year or so ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts