Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
I was going to post this exact same query here today. I suppose it will be quite hard to get any of these wheels, but I too would potentially be interested in 1-4 OEM Bullitt wheels should anyone have any for sale.

Good luck MrBullitt08!

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi
Yes it does fit. I bought a oem bullitt rim 8.5 width from cj pony a while ago. Got a good price $320. Was on sale and father day sale. I recently put on PS4 all seasons all round and used stock tire (removed all air and left 10psi) and rim for spare. Its a tight fit and it snug back there with a boost a pump.
I didn't need to do any trimming either.
Hope this helps.
Joe

Attachments

· Registered
17 Posts
I did the same thing and it works great. The spare will fit, but not fully inflated, The spare rides a little high meaning you have to put something under the trunk carpet to make it smooth. I use towels and it looks like new. I drive too far from home to go without a spare, jack, lug wrench and air pump.

· Registered
27 Posts
Yes, full size road wheel will fit. I had to massage the rear of the spare tub slightly (rubber mallet). Mine is installed fully inflated. I also had to fabricate a longer hold-down bolt. As previously mentioned, the wheel does sit higher than the surrounding floor pan but it’s not a problem. I also added an OE jack and tool kit (unused) that I bought cheaply from an auto wreckers.

· Registered
17 Posts
How did you, "massage the rear of the spare tub"? I have a full size spare but need to let all of the air out to get it to fit. I have a full size spare, same as the tires on the ground, not something smaller. I'd love to know my spare is ready to go instead of having to inflate it. Thanks for your comments, I'm eager to learn from you.

· Registered
27 Posts
Basically I moved the rear contact area of the spare wheel well rearwards until I had enough clearance. This area is covered from the exterior by the rear bumper fascia. It sounds “brutal” but it’s not! The idea is just to work evenly and steadily just like you would using a hammer and dolly on any panel. I have Nitto NT555’s 235/50/ZR18’s. I run 32 PSI on the road and usually around 36 PSI in my spare as it doesn’t get checked as often as it should! Spare is new i.e full tread depth.

· Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try. I run a full size spare on an older mustang wheel. Perhaps a 2 x 4, a rubber mallet and some patience will get me to the promise land. I might wrap the spare in some light nylon material to get some "slide" in place too.

· Registered
3 Posts
I also wanted to have a spare tire rather than the original old inflator kit that came with my car when I bought it last November--2008 HG #1903--with less than 3,000 original miles on it; so I took an easier route and found a brand new 17" "donut" tire/wheel combo and put that into the spare tire well with no issues. I have a new cordless inflator also, as well a scissors jack and breaker bar/and socket(s) that I keep in the car. I plan to put some miles on this car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts