Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
If its anything like my Paxton centrifugal install, its pretty straightforward. Requires time and patience for sure. I'm assuming the procharger also requires relocating the power steering reservoir.

·
Registered
395 Posts
no procharger.
i have a Department Of Boost, DOB, intake with a gen 1 TVS on my car.
forged internals in a 04 mach 1 alloy block. make 650 rwhp on pump gas.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I’m interested in achieving around 400 rwhp but am concerned about potential impact on overall driveability (nvh)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I’m interested in achieving around 400 rwhp but am concerned about potential impact on overall driveability (nvh)?

·
Registered
395 Posts
400 RWHP is no problem for the stock 3V motors and 3650 5 speed trans.. 450 is about the limit before you want to upgrade the rods, clutch, ds, rear suspension. higher then 450 you might want to upgrade the trans internals or possibly upgrade to a 6060 from a GT500 or possibly a tremic magnum XL trans, this is basically a built 6060 trans.

even running 400rwhp you might want to think about upgrading the clutch, brakes, ds, rear control arms to help with wheel hop.

i know nothing about centrifugal SC.
with the DOB GT450 intake that allows the use of the stock 07-12 GT500 M122 SC. after the mod and proper tune the car is daily driver reliable. the NVH is a non factor. it's just like driving a new 07-12 GT500 car.
my car you can drive to the track, easily run low 10's all day long and still get 20+mpg on the ride home.

my guess is with the proper tune it will drive just fine. you will have a lot less torque with a centrifugal than a M122 SC.

i would suggest checking the S197 forum. there are probably a lot more members running centrifugal SC than on here.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Does anyone have experience installing a Procharger on a 4.6 liter?
Thanks
I had a shop install a paxton novi 2200 on my 2008 which included shelby fuel pump, larger fuel injectors, spark plugs, LT headers , hot rod cams, high flow cats, borla exhaust and put down 529 rwhp 4 years ago, very reliable and a blast to put the right foot down on quiet roads.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts