Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in 2000 the fastest Mustang Ford ever produced was the Cobra R. It sold for around $56,000 I think I remember. We paid $60,000 out the door....
How can they sell this Shelby KR for less when it has more? :???:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1732302 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right> #1 <INPUT id=plist_1732302 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[1732302] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>IMBOC NewsBot<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1732302", true); </SCRIPT>

<! BULLITT INFO START><! BULLITT INFO STOP>Join Date: Dec 1969

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1732302><!-- icon and title -->
[Autoblog] New York Preview: 2008 Shelby GT500KR - The King of the Road returns!
<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Filed under: New York Auto Show, Sports/GTs, Ford

Click above for a gallery of high-res images

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> digg_url = 'http://digg.com/business_finance/Return_of_the_King_of_the_Road_Ford_to_unveil_540H P_Shelby_GT500KR'; </SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://digg.com/tools/diggthis.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
This morning, Ford announced that the mighty King of the Road Shelby GT500KR will be making a return in the spring of 2008 -- just in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original. Only 1,000 of these special Mustangs will be built, and they will definitely be the fastest ones yet! The team at SVT is tweaking the 5.4L supercharged V-8 with new calibrations, a cold-air induction kit and 3.73:1 final drive ratio. The KR will be rated at 540hp/510lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful Mustang ever.

The suspension has been recalibrated to give improved steering feel and crisper handling. An underhood cross-brace is added to improve chassis stiffness, which also helps the steering feel. Visual changes include a new carbon composite hood with scoops patterned after the original KR's and new Shelby-designed wheels. The show car is equipped with 20-inch rolling stock, while the production version sticks with 18-inch versions of the same design. The lower front valence features a pair of air intakes leading to functional ducts to cool the front brakes.

The Cobra badges will get special 40th Anniversary branding and an individually numbered plate will sit in the center of the dash to remind everyone that this car is one of only 1,000 units. There will be no convertible model and pricing won't be announced until closer to production almost a year from now, although you can probably expect an MSRP somewhere close to $50,000 and retail prices well above that. The old chicken farmer, Carrol Shelby himself, will be on hand for the unveiling in New York on Wednesday.

[Source: Ford]
Gallery: 2008 Shelby GT500KR

Continue reading New York Preview: 2008 Shelby GT500KR - The King of the Road returns!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I would guess 60K MSRP plus about 20K ADM. 80K or so. 1000 copies VS 300 for the R
Huh? :lol: Sounds like you're in the military, Greg!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Dealers will be back stabbing each other to get one of the few!! The new Bullitt might just sneak on the scene hardly noticed!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow that things gonna be a beast!!!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
My brother in law says the mods are done by the dealership. I asked him if he will test the vehicle and he said no. They order the vehicles and the engine and suspension mods are done after they recieve the vehicle. It comes with the stock GT500 motor. So it can't add that much more to the sticker I'd guess $5,000 over a GT500. What they actually get over sticker is another matter entirely. Probably 20-40 thousand over sticker. My friend at a delearship says Shelby demand has really dropped off for the GT500. They doubt they will be able to get over sticker for the Shelby GT.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Ford just keeps on riding the Shelby train huh?

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
This is not like a Cobra R is it? This is just a Shelby GT500 KR which stands for King of the Road.

This is not all race like the 2000 Cobra R. Especially with all that weight.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Black4592 said:
Ford just keeps on riding the Shelby train huh?
Yep, and I understand the ride on that heavy train. The picture of the GT500KR looks heavy and nasty. Ride on

·
Registered
119 Posts
2008 Shelby GT500 KR

I sat in the car today at the NYC auto show(press day). It looks very Hot much better than the pics on the net. You can see the press video intro on Fords web site. Later the KR was started up sounded very Bullitt like. As for the horsepower rating of 540hp that is only the tip of the iceberg....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh BTW they will be built at Shelbys place in LV, like the cars back in the 1965-67 run cars will be started in Mich. and finished by Shelby

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kr

Oh BTW they will be built at Shelbys place in LV, like the cars back in the 1965-67 run cars will be started in Mich. and finished by Shelby

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
barry bullitt said:
Chevrolet says 650 should be enough.
650! The gas pedal would be awfully touchy with 650 wouldn't it? Make a turn at a corner, gas it a little too much and come all the way around...........

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
^^^That would be driver error, not the fault of the automobile being driven.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts