·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
718 Posts
Looks like a little too much of this...

But a good ballpeen hammer and a little of this might do the trick...

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
strange to write it off

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
In the picture do you think the strut brace is "pinched up" or has the engine dropped down?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
first ford said:
In the picture do you think the strut brace is "pinched up" or has the engine dropped down?
Tops of the strut-towers have been tweaked, along with the forward subframe. I would pass on this one unless you could get it for about half the "buy it now" price. LOT of work to do on it..........

Also - WTF happened to the interior? Looks like someone turned their wet, muddy dog loose in it before crashing it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Could it be the drag racing Bullitt that hit the side wall?????????

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Maybe it happened after the fact when the owner realized what he'd done, and the insurance wouldn't total it!

;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
i thinks there is more than meets the eye with this one... it seems to be ALOT more than just some side damage... it looks like the engine droppped several inches.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There sure seems to be a lot of wrecked/totaled new generation Bullitts out there considering they're so new, and considering the pool of 7700 cars. I guess it's not suprising considering the performance nature of the car. Too many people can't handle power! I'd be leery about buying a used Bullitt. Could be more than meets the eye with any used Bullitt. Most have been abused for sure, and many could be hiding a past wreck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Does that price include the blue Viper in the background :lol:

I like how they put a nice coat of Armor All over everything in the engine compartment. Also, take a close look at the passenger side opposite the hood hinges on the fender. What's all that brown residue?

After looking at the pics again, maybe this was Bo Dukes weekend warrior ride:smile: and he missed one of those big mud jumps and landed in Boss Hog's creek.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I don't think that's "Armor All" - I think it's Radiator Coolant.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Y'know, looking over the pics, I want to say this B makes me think it's a Theft Recovery. I think someone stole it, mercilessly beat the dogwater out of it (donuts in a dirt parking lot with the windows down would put a LOT of crud in the interior) and then JUMPED it across a RR-Track or something (at probably over a Buck) and crash-landed through a fence.

As clean as the exterior is, I'd bet it was caked with mud and crud when they got it in the yard - you can still see some of the wash water on the tires.

No Respect shown to this car, that's for sure.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NM-Bullitt-5106 said:
There sure seems to be a lot of wrecked/totaled new generation Bullitts out there considering they're so new, and considering the pool of 7700 cars. I guess it's not suprising considering the performance nature of the car. Too many people can't handle power! I'd be leery about buying a used Bullitt. Could be more than meets the eye with any used Bullitt. Most have been abused for sure, and many could be hiding a past wreck.
There may not have been 7700 constructed, someone guessed about 1000 short of the mark.

The shock towers on that car are closer together than stock, looks like major straightening and parts replacement required. The drivers air bag deployed, so it hit solidly at least once before it stopped. that could be the source of the dust.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts