Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
RCSignals said:
Someone got a pretty fair deal
Yeah, especially the seller who paid $100 for the raffle ticket :wink: ! Even if it cost him 15k (which is very high) for taxes, transportation, title, etc- he still made out like a bandit, and profited by 12k in the sale.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yes I did. I'm picking the car up next week in Boulder, and cruising home to Austin. I can't wait. The only downside is that I had to sell my 94 Cobra to make room for the Bullitt. But when I saw the 08 Bullitt in January I knew I had to have one, it reminded me of the first time my dad took me to see Bullitt at the theater.:goodvibe:

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Lambo said:
Yes I did. I'm picking the car up next week in Boulder, and cruising home to Austin. I can't wait. The only downside is that I had to sell my 94 Cobra to make room for the Bullitt. But when I saw the 08 Bullitt in January I knew I had to have one, it reminded me of the first time my dad took me to see Bullitt at the theater.:goodvibe:

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
Lambo
aka "Lambo"

WELCOME TO IMBOC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you will let us know how you like it once you take possession of it.

I bet you will though........

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Lambo said:

Congratulations on getting a great deal, and welcome to IMBOC!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lambo said:

congratulations! Glad you found your way here

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I picked the car up in Boulder yesterday, after a good night at the blackjack tables in Blackhawk (must be a good omen). Cruised home to Austin today, and after the first 1000 miles, I really love the car, and have no regrets for selling the Cobra. I'll post a few pictures soon.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Lambo said:
I picked the car up in Boulder yesterday, after a good night at the blackjack tables in Blackhawk (must be a good omen). Cruised home to Austin today, and after the first 1000 miles, I really love the car, and have no regrets for selling the Cobra. I'll post a few pictures soon.
Hello Lambo,

OK Man here you go:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hum, not for hire but he is for hire...

Somebody is driving Commercially without following the rules...

I then searched for a high quality shipper and I was hugely fortunate to find one of the very best. The gentleman that transported the car was based in Watertown, WI and he specializes in moving high value and rare cars all over the USA. Please see the image of the car arriving at my home on the back of his vehicle.

RCSignals said:

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Notice in the picture from the auction, the transporter who is 'for hire' has on his trailer "Not for Hire"
Usually that's done to avoid licensing, fees, etc.

·
Registered
353 Posts
What he said...

You are not allowed to haul for payment and drive as a non commercial truck driver. Doing so violates state and federal law.

Not for Hire on the truck indicates that he is hauling his own private items. This allows him to skip the commercial weigh stations, and pretty much all of the commercial rules, regulations, fees and taxes.

Yet he is for hire and is driving commercially... :shock:

RCSignals said:
Notice in the picture from the auction, the transporter who is 'for hire' has on his trailer "Not for Hire"
Usually that's done to avoid licensing, fees, etc.

Lambo said:
Well, when I picked the car up, it was clean as the day it rolled of the assembly line. What is the issue with the shipper?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.