Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be a 2009 Mustang Bullitt GT produced?

Just curious.

:)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I don't think so. I think the next limited edition vehicle is the Boss or Mach 1 coming out in 2009. They're supposed to be 400hp with the 5.4l V-8. Ford needs more power to fight the new Challenger. '09 Mustang GT is supposed to be 350hp 4.6l V-8.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Remember the 03 Mach1? Ford kept it going in 04.

If Bullitts are selling well at the end of the model year what do you think Ford would do?

Ain't gonna be a problem getting a new Bullitt, guys.

Be patient, save big bucks. Send expressive emails to dealers with ADMs.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I seriously doubt there will be any Bullitts built in 09. I also doubt that the GT gets a bump up to 350HP. It doesn't make sense. They have the GT500 and GT500KR as their Kings of the Hill. Both cars put out more HP than the upcoming Challenger and Camaro.

They have the V6 to compete against any V6 offerings from GM or Chrysler. The 300hp GT fills the niche for more power. The SGT bumps that up a bit more. And I am sure they will re-introduce the Mach 1 or Boss to compete with 350-400hp offerings from the competition.
I think they should go with the Boss name- just a little badder sounding.
So I just can't see them bumping the GT up to 350hp. The gap between the v6's 210hp to a GT of 350hp is just too big.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Based on a recent interview I saw on youtube I doubt very much you'll see the Bullitt in 09, nor will they build more than they have planned on building.
Ford plans to make a new feature mustang every 6 months. This rules out extending the production for the Bullitt, etc. There is just no way they could squeeze it into their production timetable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f8sEA0sRMI

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Of course this doesn't make it definite but read down. Says Saleen accidently spilled the beans on the 2009 Mustang GT being 350hp. The displacement is going to be bumped to 5.0l. 6 cylinder will also have a hp increase to at least 260. These are also pictures of the 2009 Mustang will probably look like:
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2006/news01052009fordmustang.php

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have to agree with Whammer. There will only be production of the Bullitt for Job#2 2008 and that is it. If they continued production and kept adding stangs, that would be hard to keep up with, lol. I don't see the powerplant of the mustang gt changing until the revised sheetmetal happens... but who knows?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
barry bullitt said:
Of course this doesn't make it definite but read down. Says Saleen accidently spilled the beans on the 2009 Mustang GT being 350hp. The displacement is going to be bumped to 5.0l. 6 cylinder will also have a hp increase to at least 260. These are also pictures of the 2009 Mustang will probably look like:
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2006/news01052009fordmustang.php
That rumor article is over a year old. Look at the pictures...they look like GT500KR's (so that certainly questions their accuracy). There is no way they are going to make the GT 350hp. The power gap between the v6 (210hp) and the GT (350hp) would be 140hp (pretty quick with the math, eh), that's just too big of a gap. It makes far more sense to place another mustang model at the 350-400hp range.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Whammer said:
That rumor article is over a year old. Look at the pictures...they look like GT500KR's (so that certainly questions their accuracy). There is no way they are going to make the GT 350hp. The power gap between the v6 (210hp) and the GT (350hp) would be 140hp (pretty quick with the math, eh), that's just too big of a gap. It makes far more sense to place another mustang model at the 350-400hp range.
Be a heck of a lot simpler just to offer the various performance engine options in the Mustang GT,and maybe forget all these special editions. Ford has maybe forgot about the guy who wants a basic GT with the hot 350-400 HP engine. Then the buyer doesn't get lost in the circus of dealers adding ADM's for a special "Boss" model.
You see,when the Boss comes out with a hot 400 HP engine,most won't be able to afford it.
But have a simple Mustang GT,with a Cobra Jet option box...400 HP,and there would be no way for them to tack an ADM onto a simple engine upgrade. Just a Mustang GT with 2 or 3 engine choices. That might get me into buying something new!
If you recall, the Boss Mustangs,429 and 302, only came about because of having to get those engines out to the public,for racing sanction requirements...not for a special edition dealer high profit maker.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I'm with you man! But I doubt It will ever happen.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I just don't think that would be practical in the building of the car. Yes, they did it a long time ago, but this is now. Maybe it will change in the future, but for now, their plan is to build a new se every half year, so that is what will happen. The majority of people buying cars don't really care anymore if they get to pick which engine is in the car. Sure, we do, but we are horribly outnumbered, lol. I wish we could customize them to that point, but for now, you just have to pick a SE.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
wally05 said:
I just don't think that would be practical in the building of the car. Yes, they did it a long time ago, but this is now. Maybe it will change in the future, but for now, their plan is to build a new se every half year, so that is what will happen. The majority of people buying cars don't really care anymore if they get to pick which engine is in the car. Sure, we do, but we are horribly outnumbered, lol. I wish we could customize them to that point, but for now, you just have to pick a SE.
It seems it would be easier these days with advances in automation. As far as who would be interested in having engine choices, I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of people now is higher than it was in the 60's and early 70's. People have more disposable income, hence the 200,000 + being spent on old Cudas and Shelbys. Look what Boss 429's go for versus a Boss 302.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Whammer said:
See this thread:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147992
Also my brother in law works for Ford. He says he has not seen a 400hp V-8 Mustang yet but that engine is currently used by Ford in Australia and could easily be put in the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Cochese said:

Just curious.

God i hope not!!!!I understand why they brought back the nameplate this time round due to the hole RETRO thing happenning,but in my eyes there is only one true SPECIAL EDITION Bullitt,and that is the '01(not that they didn't due a good job on the '08 as a package over all,minus visuals),the '01 has so much meaning to it,especially when the McQueen family was behind it in '01.So to bring it back another year,would be pure stupidity in my opinion. :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
barry bullitt said:
See this thread:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147992
Also my brother in law works for Ford. He says he has not seen a 400hp V-8 Mustang yet but that engine is currently used by Ford in Australia and could easily be put in the Mustang.

The last time I looked the Ford Australian cars used all sorts of engines. The big engine they used is called the BOSS and I believe a few years ago was the basis of the new 5.4L F150 engine. Of course when they put it in a car in America they had to bump it down to 4.6l. But i do believe that they use 5.4l engine v8s. on the SN95 they could only sell the Cobra because there normal 4 door cars would blow the GT out of the water.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
HI Guys,
I had some work in Australia in 2005 and had time to visit some Ford dealerships. The cars certainly are different there. There were no cars that I could recognize and there were no Mustangs.

The cars were much more expensive too, even considering the Australian dollar at the time. I don't know how people could afford them.

There were several performance cars that looked pretty hot but ALL of them had four doors.

The only two-door performance car I noticed was the Holden Monaro which became the Pontiac GTO here in the US.

When I told my friends about the price of a new Mustang they could not believe how low the price was.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The 2009 or 2010 will have more horsepower including the standard v6.

3.5liter Duratec 35 V6 - 265 hp 250 lb codename "cyclone"
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/possible-new-engine-for-the-v6-mustang.html

Now for the standard GT my guess is 350- 400 based on all the talk and the new camaro. which means only 85-135 horsepower difference between the new v6 and new GT. Either way 350hp or 400hp sounds very good to me!!
FORD START CRANKIN OUT THOSE BOWTIE KILLERS!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Cochese said:

Just curious.

i can't believe ANY of you guys are taking Collin seriously when he asked this.
i laughed out loud when i read his post and then all of you who fell for it.......
How many brewskis Collin???
LOL

Marty

1 - 20 of 50 Posts