Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

2009 Challenger sighting!

2K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  RCSignals 
#1 ·
Well, I'm cruising down Scatterfield (SR 9) in Anderson, IN in the 2001 when I see a hemi orange 2009 Challenger on a delivery truck passing me... guys, that is one gorgeous car. I don't like the huge wheels, small rubber, though. I just thought I'd let you all know!

#4 ·
Yes the Challenger is a good looking vehicle but I think they are asking a totally insane amount of money for the darn thing. Right now I think we're just seeing the 2008's with an MSRP of $40,095 the dealer markup (Market driven they say) is about double that. Cheapest 08' SRT8 Challenger I've seen the dealer was asking $79K!

I almost get the feeling that Dodge is holding off on releasing the base V6 and the 5.7L Hemi powered R/T to build the hype. But looking at the Dodge website those versions of the Challenger will be 2009s.

Personally I was considering the Challenger R/T with a 6-speed but was so annoyed with Dodge that after some recent articles & comparisons between the two I decided that the Bullitt was the better bargain.

#5 ·
Better Bargain is only less than 33% of the equation. 67% is that the Bullitt is the better car, and that is by the numbers. 0-60 isn't everything, nor is the 1/4 mile. You have to live with the beast, and the Bullitt has the late comers beat in liveability. All the mags fawn over the latest and greatest models. But if you read the true results, it's right there in front of you, the Ford product is the better car. Just my $.02 of course... ;-)

Remember, I am truly unbiased. :rolleyes:I don't have a dog in that fight. I own the 01 Bullitt, and the competition was non-existent back when it came out.

#15 ·
One reason I have an '08 Bullitt is the 3 years of development since '05 that others (Challenger & Camaro) don't have.
They are test mules and their owners, Mule Drivers.

Anyone can take off, landing's the hard part.

#18 ·
I got a close up look the other day as a couple was towing one to Iowa City from Southern Missouri. I thought it looked good and not as big as I expected but then again my wife had a new Charger awhile back. If I had all the money in the world I would buy one but that would be the only way. Still it looked cool

#20 ·
Agreed the Challenger looks much better in Black. I've seen all three colors the SRT8 is offered in up close and have to admit that the Black one looks best.

Bue even so - they still look a heck of a lot heavier than the Bullitt.

#22 ·
local dealer in north richland hills, either din't know what they had or made a big boo boo....
sold one at sticker to a local customer , who then sold it for a 5k profit elsewhere
before it was even plated..... or driven...had 67 miles at time of sale , was sold as ''used'' but still was 10k cheaper then buying ''new'' from dealer with adm

go figure....the world is going crazy

#23 ·
Saw a new Challenger at a local Dodge dealer, so stopped for a look since I'd not seem one up close (was not driving Das Bullitt). Big, real BIG car. Big motor too. Big tires. Big seats. Big everything, except for the price...which was HUUUUGGGE. Are these dealers insane? You could easily get a GT500 for what they want...and the GT500 is in a whole 'nuther class entirely...would just crush the Challenger (and not from weight either).

If they came out with a 3/4 scale version, that would be much more desirable. Oh well, maybe in terms of $/lb it's not so bad.

Came home and patted the Bullitt. Me happy with what I got!

mogul2us

#24 ·
Bret08 said:
Agreed the Challenger looks much better in Black. I've seen all three colors the SRT8 is offered in up close and have to admit that the Black one looks best.

Bue even so - they still look a heck of a lot heavier than the Bullitt.
I haven't seen the Challenger but Black, especially on a Big car, tends to make a car look lower and sleeker. White or silver makes them look short and bloated.

#25 ·
RCSignals said:
I haven't seen the Challenger but Black, especially on a Big car, tends to make a car look lower and sleeker. White or silver makes them look short and bloated.
Yes, and that Hemi Orange Pearl makes the Challenger look like Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.