Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on Camaro5 forums. It's a reference guide for selling the new Camaro. Thought some of you might not have seen the total option packages yet. I personally love the old school approach Ford took with our Bullitt's and this futureistic looking Chevy is not what I want in a musclecar. I'm sure many will like it though...each to his own. As far as performance in the real world I'm guessing the 6.2L LS3 engine on the SS model (422hp) will fall in the Dodge SRT8 territory in the 1320 .... probably mid to low 13's. Certaintly nothing we can't handle with a few bolt-ons and a capable driver. What do you guys think of it and potential performance? :question:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6040

·
Registered
930 Posts
Gee... those guys really don't like Mustangs do they...? Sounds like FEAR to me...lol
"Methinks thou dost protest too much..."

Plus the file I downloaded is FUBAR'd...maybe I'll try later...or maybe I already know what a hideous-looking car it is...lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's nice. Lots of it's styling taken from the caddy CTS. I guess I was expecting something a little more unique.

Style-wise it does nothing for me, except that it is going to be very fast. That's not enough.

Good to have some competition for the Mustang, though.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Only thing I don't care for is the weight it has to haul around. A shame for that,because that LS engine family has a lot of potential without the need of a supercharger,plus,inexpensive, easy head and cam swaps. Something that the Cammer Ford engines don't enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
"Why if he's supposed to be this super advanced robot, does he transform back into this piece of crap camaro?" :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Madpoodle said:
"Why if he's supposed to be this super advanced robot, does he transform back into this piece of crap camaro?" :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
:lol: I actually preferred the look of that 'PoS' Camaro to the new one...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I see that spare tires are optional on the LS and LT models while the SS model only comes with the tire inflation kit like our Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
bullitt4428 said:
I see that spare tires are optional on the LS and LT models while the SS model only comes with the tire inflation kit like our Bullitt.

I saw that. Ford should give the option for a spare on all models on the 2010. They'll probably just say that the competition is doing it too though and keep sticking us with the inflation kit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't like the styling, it doesn't look good from all angles like the Bullitt.

The performance looks excellent, I hope they sell a huge amount, it would be good for the economy.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
BB2008 said:
I saw that. Ford should give the option for a spare on all models on the 2010. They'll probably just say that the competition is doing it too though and keep sticking us with the inflation kit.
a spare comes with Mustangs, except ours, GT500s and SGTs

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
this is funny

Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Let me make a few comments:

We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.

We don't talk about future products -- but what makes you think we haven't been doing work on something?????

I can't say more than that......other than:

"KEEP THE FAITH" --

I can't lie to you guys -- because if I do, I will have zero credibility......and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon -- you're stuck with my ugly mug.
I'm pretty sure they use Z28 on Chev Baretta's :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
a spare comes with Mustangs, except ours, GT500s and SGTs

I meant that there should be the option to have a spare in all Mustangs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
side view

Looks like the challenger from the side, is that my imagination? all the extra horses in the challenger and the camaro, and how much have they really surpassed the performance of a bullitt? for a lot more gas and money, I do not see it and I owned a 67 ss396 chevelle in my youth and hold some loyalty to GM.

the bullitt is a perfect mix of muscle, retro and understatedness. agility to me is wonderful even with the old school axle. i'll stick with ford on this subject.:wink:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The moral of the story is that as many people think that the Mustang GT is underpowered don't realize that they can and will run LOW 13's to high 12's naturally aspirated on 281 cubic inches.That's a puny motor compared to even the GT500 and it does very well using those 281 cubes.
At 3600 or so pounds the Bullitt is a heavyweight compared to old school cars but a Bulemic supermodel light weight in todays world.
the new Camaro will be a welcome entry to the market like it or not,But at mid 13's they better get with the program or be seeing a lot of Ford tail lights.:lol:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I like the new Camaro (and the Challenger for that matter) and welcome the return of these classic cars. But despite the high horsepower engines, these cars seem slower than I would have guessed, they are clearly carrying a lot of weight. But, I think both cars will be in the 12's with a little tuning. I have a friend (former Lightning owner) with an SRT8 Charger, and his only complaint is the inability to do much in regards to tuning the computers in the Dodges. We better enjoy these cars for the brief few years they will be on the market, but for a little while at least it will feel a bit like the muscle car high times of 1970.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts