Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
It does say concept
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,693 Posts
you can never have enough choices...did 1968 owners get mad when FORD in 69 came out with a GT,Mach 1.GT350 GT500 Boss 302 and Boss 429...if you like it better sell waht you have and buy the new model
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
chrisW said:
you can never have enough choices...did 1968 owners get mad when FORD in 69 came out with a GT,Mach 1.GT350 GT500 Boss 302 and Boss 429...if you like it better sell waht you have and buy the new model
VERY VERY true
Everyone of us have our Favorite year Stang. Just because its the newest doesn't make it the best!
And if you are looking at the HP gains that is no big deal! We can make our Bullitts any hp we want.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
I have made my Bullitt way BLACK ! That is always make my 08 my favorite Stang.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Ooooo, a 400 hp 6.2 litre...

I may just have to buy one of them too....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
I wouldn't put too much hope in a 6.2. The latest word is a 5.0 for the GT and a V-6 option of the Eco boost or the NA V.6. 5.0 between 350 and 400 HP and the Eco Boost around 300 HP. They will have to really deune the Eco boost since it reportidly makes over 360 HP in the Lincoln transversly mounted. It should make even more with a rear wheel drive configuration.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
Hereis the current production schedule. I would look for the debut in LA. Detroit is really too late since it is in January and job 1 is 02-02.

11/10/2008 Date Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) Opens
12/11/2008 Begin System Fill (Initial Scheduling Prior to Job #1)
12/19/2008 Complete Initial 3 Week System Fill
02/02/2009 Job #1
02/08/2009 Resume Normal Scheduling
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did that!

chrisW said:
you can never have enough choices...did 1968 owners get mad when FORD in 69 came out with a GT,Mach 1.GT350 GT500 Boss 302 and Boss 429...if you like it better sell waht you have and buy the new model
Funny you should say that, because that's exactly what happened to me. I returned (thankfully alive) from Vietnam and went out cruising in my like-new '65 Mustang, only to find myself kicking around a local Ford dealer showroom. There sat a shiny white, new '70 Mach I, and I was hooked. Had to have it. Traded that "old" Rangoon Red ride in for the new one with the black speed stripe! Of course, I wish I had either one of them now. Oh well, hindsight is definitely 20-20. :lol:
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hold on there, Kincaid!

BlackPony said:
VERY VERY true
Everyone of us have our Favorite year Stang. Just because its the newest doesn't make it the best!
And if you are looking at the HP gains that is no big deal! We can make our Bullitts any hp we want.
Not so fast, partner. If you want that Bullitt of yours to bring "big bucks" down the road a few years, I'd think long and hard before I monkeyed around too much with it. Just ask the guys who cut holes in the humps of their '57 Chevys to put in a 4-speed! I rest my case.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Not so fast, partner. If you want that Bullitt of yours to bring "big bucks" down the road a few years, I'd think long and hard before I monkeyed around too much with it. Just ask the guys who cut holes in the humps of their '57 Chevys to put in a 4-speed! I rest my case.
I read some where, if you want a investment buy stocks. If you want to have fun buy a mustang. The Bullitt is a great car stock!
Nothing wrong making some tasteful little mods and keeping the part to change the car back to stock, Right?
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BlackPony said:
I read some where, if you want a investment buy stocks. If you want to have fun buy a mustang. The Bullitt is a great car stock!
Nothing wrong making some tasteful little mods and keeping the part to change the car back to stock, Right?
Didn't know that's what you meant. Sure, as long as your mods are reversible there's not a thing in the world wrong with them. Go for all the mods you want. As to my "investment," I am trying to have the best of both worlds: fun AND profit, if you get my drift. Harking back to the '57 Chevys, they cost a little over $2 grand nicely equipped, and are going for over $100,000 today. Oh, the ones with the "holes in the hump?" Good luck.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
droopysbullitt said:
If you are willing to wait 20-30 years you might get what you paid for the car. If you are looking at this car as an investment, I wouldn't hold my breath.
That's just what my sister said the day she sold her '57 Bel Air convertible for $1,500 back in '68 and bought her a new VW bug. Exact same words! That said, go ahead and run the dog poop out of 'em boys! Have at it! Meanwhile, mine will continue to rest comfortably as an official "Garage Queen." (Not that I don't go out and have a blast in it every now and then).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Ohh I here ya.
We love our cars and they will soon be hard to get. And they are Mustang, and ALL will be Special !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,404 Posts
It will be many, many years before the Bullitts will be worth anything near purchase price, if ever. Most 57Chebys are worth more than their original price.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
40,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rblack4405 said:
It will be many, many years before the Bullitts will be worth anything near purchase price, if ever. Most 57Chebys are worth more than their original price.
I'm not going to belabor the point or argue with you about it. If you think one of only 7,000 special edition automobiles sold in the U.S. won't fetch it's purchase price five years down the road (if kept pristine), you are sadly mistaken. To quote Forrest Gump: "And that's all I've got to say about that."
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top