Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

2010 Tail Lights on an '09 Bullitt? Can it be done?

2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  navypbr 
#1 · (Edited)
Forget it.

I found the appropriate answer elsewhere.

#4 ·
One thing I know that you can put in from the 2010 GT is the shift knob. :rolleyes: :lol:

#6 ·
I personally think the 2010 tail lights look like japanese imitations.

#10 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
Ok. I guess either I stutter when I type or some people respond to thread titles WITHOUT READING THE INITIAL POSTS THAT COME BELOW THEM.

To be perfectly clear...... I want the tail lights to sequence like the 2010. I DO NOT want to install the plastic housings, just the sequencing system.

I've found it's pretty damn hard to get a straight answer around this place.

The 2010's haven't even hit the showroom yet. I read that the new tail lights are LED, so it might be built in and nothing that you can add on to the previous model. You might have no choice but to go with aftermarket kits.

#11 ·
LOL

I understood you Dale. You want the 2010 taillight harnesses with sequencing if they fit our tail light assemblies.
I really don't know. If the tail light harnesses are similar to ours and the 'plug and plays' the sequencing electronics will be in the harness, but I wouldn't be surprised if the electronics are somewhere else.
the LED bulb sockets in the housings are probably different too.

#13 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
The initial thread title was misleading. When I saw the title I thought the same thing. Yes those who erred should have probably read your thread a little more thoroughly. Maybe they deserve a little bit of a break.

Hope you can find something OEM that works. Any particular reason you only want OEM???
It's just my preference, basically thinking that OEM is maybe a little better engineered than aftermarket items. If they are LED as mentioned in a post above, then it's probably out of the question. I was just poking around to see if we had any Ford insiders that were "in the know".

Yes, the initial title might have been misleading, but it was all explained in the narrative. It's not just my threads that my comments are targeted at, it seems to be a common problem, even when you see questions posted by newcomers. Jokes, personal opinions/preferences, & off-topic replies come first, serious answers to the posted question always come later it seems.

#16 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
It's just my preference, basically thinking that OEM is maybe a little better engineered than aftermarket items. If they are LED as mentioned in a post above, then it's probably out of the question. I was just poking around to see if we had any Ford insiders that were "in the know".

Yes, the initial title might have been misleading, but it was all explained in the narrative. It's not just my threads that my comments are targeted at, it seems to be a common problem, even when you see questions posted by newcomers. Jokes, personal opinions/preferences, & off-topic replies come first, serious answers to the posted question always come later it seems.
Welcome to the internets. :-N

(I did it too, sorry. ;-))

#17 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
Ok. I guess either I stutter when I type or some people respond to thread titles WITHOUT READING THE INITIAL POSTS THAT COME BELOW THEM.

To be perfectly clear...... I want the tail lights to sequence like the 2010. I DO NOT want to install the plastic housings, just the sequencing system.

I've found it's pretty damn hard to get a straight answer around this place.
Your initial post was not at all clear. Between the vague post and the title of the thread, it is obvious how someone could misunderstand you. In fact, it should have been expected. You cannot expect people to be able to read your mind. Now that you have edited the post to indicate just the harness and not the housing it is clear what you meant.

I too can get frustrated with the chattering you often find offered as responses to questions online, that is why I gently chastised the person who said the 2010 taillights looked import. That's not at all helpful or pertinent.

I would have to second everyone who's telling you to just buy an aftermarket piece. OEM is generally lower quality than aftermarket because it is built with the overall price of the finished car in mind.

K

#19 ·
Relax and Enjoy!

This is in almost every single "question" thread posted by anyone. Everyone has to throw in a joke or ask "Why do you want it this way?" Like a post or two up where someone asked why I want OEM? Well that's my business and not part of the question. If people don't have anything constructive to contribute then don't bother replying.

I just like to chime in here about jrzybullitts comments here:

For me, one of the best parts of this IMBOC forum, is the entertaining replies. I found that the replies from texasbullitt, BB2008 and jymontoya were excellent. Keep up the good work guys.

#20 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
Maybe the title was vague, but they have to be short and the post below it was crystal clear. It's a matter of people reading only the title or maybe the first line and then responding. No mind reading was necessary here. I said sequential tail lights initially.
It is crystal clear to you what you meant because you know. However, by saying sequential tail lights, it is not at all clear to someone else reading it that you mean just the harness or electronics. It is very easy for someone to think you were referring to the whole assembly, because you didn't specify otherwise. It would be like going to Autozone and asking for wheel bearings, most people would assume you need a wheel hub assembly. This is no different. The edited post is much more precise and understandable.

I agree with you that many of the responses made no attempt to answer the question and that can be annoying. But as far as those of us who misunderstood the question, some of the fault lays with the imprecise nature of your initial post. It is unfair of you to act cross with those who were answering the question as they understood it.

K

#21 ·
JrzyBullitt said:
Do we have any Ford insiders here that can shed light on this possibility?

I've been looking into the sequential tail lights (NO, NOT THE HOUSING, JUST THE SEQUENCING PARTS) but I put the aftermarket stuff on hold since the 2010 has appeared with them. I figure if it's a do-able simple swap of a few parts then I'd rather wait & use Ford parts that are "supposed to be there". However I'm going to guess that it will be something linked to computer controlled modules instead of a harness & flasher.
Try one of the more mainstream Mustang (fan) websites as you will find more "insiders" there. I'm not interested, so I didn't look.

I installed the "Sequential Taillights Kit" on my wife's 08 GT/CS and they worked GREAT and are very bright. However, I see that changing a Mustang taillight bulb bulb is going to be a pain. When you signal and break, all 3 bulbs illuminate. Reminds me of my ol' 1968 Cougar.

As far as the smart-azz replys... they are fun, break up the monotony, and help brighten up the day.

Sue's Ride:

#26 ·
Seems it would be far-simpler just to use one of the 2 or 3 aftermarket solutions. After all, Ford probably "stole" the idea from them. Even if you COULD use the '10 "Factory Parts", in all likelihood you'd still end up with a hack-job, because they probably won't be a direct fit.

Of course, it might all be in the way they programmed the light controller - it's obvious that controller has complete-control over all the lights in the harness - note the behaviour of the bulbs during an unlock cycle, or when you step on the brakes when the signal is on. It might be as simple as the Engineer in charge of that saying "What - sequential lights? Oh, that's easy! Where's my ROMulator......."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.