Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,321 Posts
Dream cruise, heh? Yep, that's about all I can do now that I sold the Bullitt. Just dream. Have fun, peeps.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,321 Posts
Yippie, Detroit!
You've got strange tastes in cities, Doc. :lol:

This one might work out for me. Only a couple hours up the road from Cleveland. I could paint the big Mercury green and pretend.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Wish I could have made it this year to Savannah, but excited to have the Nats coming back to my hometown!

Greg and I are happy to help out planning however we can, again.

So many cool car-related things to do in the area.

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
Uhyup!!!

Who could possibly argue against Detroit when:
1) ain't no place like Woodward for a Motorhead....it is true Auto-Mecca
2) HoonDog's close relationship with Ford continues to grow, which only means more special,
unique, and normally unavailable offerings we can provide
3) The plethora of motor head options, venues, companies, museums etc to choose from
4) awesome track venues for those who wish to test their skills

So, while HoonDog gets busy planning another great event, we hope everyone gets busy planning to roll in next year and become immersed in motorhead heaven!

See ya there!!!

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Last time only locals got to go who bailed on the bullitts and went to mustang alley
I drove 5000 miles round trip to see it and got bumped by guys who drove 5 miles

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I think that was part of the Mustang Alley group and not part of HoonDog. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know that HoonDog did not sponsor the Flat Rock tour.
That's exactly right. And even so, there are FAR fewer spots available than people that would like to take the tour - kinda like how 6000 people applied for a new Ford GT, but only 500 will get picked...

I also remember the tour being a much smaller endeavor than they've had in the past (and I believe it was a last-minute add) because the week of Woodward in 2014 was the week they were shut down to change over to 2015 tooling and no cars were on the line.

There was a new plant manager that had just begun that did not like the idea of there being any tours, ever. Not sure if he has become more relaxed on that idea, or not, but I don't recall seeing any photos of plant tours for the last couple of years, unless you're some big time VIP.

I would imagine Hoondog's goals are for you to take part in their planned events, not drive to a city and scatter to go on your own.

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
That's exactly right. And even so, there are FAR fewer spots available than people that would like to take the tour - kinda like how 6000 people applied for a new Ford GT, but only 500 will get picked...

I also remember the tour being a much smaller endeavor than they've had in the past (and I believe it was a last-minute add) because the week of Woodward in 2014 was the week they were shut down to change over to 2015 tooling and no cars were on the line.

There was a new plant manager that had just begun that did not like the idea of there being any tours, ever. Not sure if he has become more relaxed on that idea, or not, but I don't recall seeing any photos of plant tours for the last couple of years, unless you're some big time VIP.

I would imagine Hoondog's goals are for you to take part in their planned events, not drive to a place and scatter to go on your own.
I don't know about the vip thing

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Only to Dream

Maybe a peek at the 2018 Bullitt? >:):surprise:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts