Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking and couldn't find any 50th anniversary of Bullitt event planned. Anybody know if there are plans to do something in SF again? Or somewhere else? I wanted to see if there was interest in an event poster like the 45th one I did. If so, I want to start the conversation and get people talking about what might be nice to feature - as if we would all agree on one single direction :)

·
Premium Member
13,824 Posts
I have heard Bullitt will be a feature of the Carlisle show next year. No word any other events to commemorate the anniversary.
And loved all three versions of your art of the 45th. Hope you are able to create something again for a 50th.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Friends of McQueen show in chino will be having bullitt as the movie theme again in 2018

·
Administrator
6,520 Posts
Maybe next year you would have to do something like this :)

Attachments

Reactions: mustang151

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Firing up another poster concept would be fun. I was thinking if the majority of people think they would like to see a compilation of ALL the Bullitt cars maybe I could challenge myself to create something akin to a poster I remember seeing of Carroll Shelby surrounded by a compilation of his cars (George Bartell I believe is the artist). Maybe something in the similar style but with Steve McQueen head instead.

·
Administrator
6,520 Posts
Awesome. Firing up another poster concept would be fun. I was thinking if the majority of people think they would like to see a compilation of ALL the Bullitt cars maybe I could challenge myself to create something akin to a poster I remember seeing of Carroll Shelby surrounded by a compilation of his cars (George Bartell I believe is the artist). Maybe something in the similar style but with Steve McQueen head instead.
I'd definitely buy a poster like that! Excellent!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Not sure if there will be a specific Bullitt event (except the Bullitt Nationals) but I would be interested in a poster or two if that was created.

·
Premium Member
12,936 Posts
The Friends of Steve McQueen event at Boys Republic is planning a Bullitt 50th,
And HoonDog is also currently planning a 50th Anniversary Bullitt Nationals, some aspects of which may be co-joined.
So, rest assured there will be 50th events...

·
Premium Member
13,824 Posts
For the posters, maybe have them separated into individuals of each car but can be combined for a panorama or something similar. Or each car could be at a particular place representing a movie location or city landmark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saw a few articles that a 50th anniversary tribute will be made in 2018

I caught some articles today whilst perusing for info on the possibility of an '18 Bullitt.:smile2: I know an awful lot of speculation, however, the evidence of other models have held true, so why not BULLITT?
Here is to hoping, because, yes, I certainly would want another Bullitt. And truth be told, the 2015 and newer models do handle and ride extremely well--just sayin.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I caught some articles today whilst perusing for info on the possibility of an '18 Bullitt.:smile2: I know an awful lot of speculation, however, the evidence of other models have held true, so why not BULLITT?
Here is to hoping, because, yes, I certainly would want another Bullitt. And truth be told, the 2015 and newer models do handle and ride extremely well--just sayin.

Patience Grasshopper

1 - 12 of 12 Posts