1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark this part down as special for the future

KR3Z-16738-A

It's special for two reasons -

1) it is engineered to fit this car (and likely the '21 Mach 1) because it seals the air filter box
2) it lists for $518!!!

I eventually was able to get the price down to $348, which I feel is still way too much. I had to replace it because some small creature decided to make a condo in the area between the pad and the hood. I never had this issue in my garage previously. Oh, that's Cochese helping me by cleaning up the debris mark on the hood before the replacement got installed.

Today's lesson is...drive the car and don't let it sit in the garage lest, you need to evict a creature from their habitat and pay hundreds of dollars for a new part!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,960 Posts
So you replaced it at a car show? Or just cleaned up the mess you found at a car show?
A “small creature”. Those are excellent choices of “98 cent” words.
Not exactly what I would have used!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
18,848 Posts
So you replaced it at a car show? Or just cleaned up the mess you found at a car show?
He replaced it at a car show AND he cleaned up the mess he found at a car show...AND I helped. AND for the record, I lost one of the insulator pad retainer pins...BUT then I found it. When Bullitt dudes go to car shows, they DO stuff...unlike most lazy car show dudes who just sit around and talk crap. :cool:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Wow...sucky deal, but glad you found the hobo creature who took residence under your hood. Those critters love to find any nook/cranny. >.<

·
Administrator
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A “small creature”. Those are excellent choices of “98 cent” words.
Not exactly what I would have used!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He replaced it at a car show AND he cleaned up the mess he found at a car show...AND I helped. AND for the record, I lost one of the insulator pad retainer pins...BUT then I found it. When Bullitt dudes go to car shows, they DO stuff...unlike most lazy car show dudes who just sit around and talk crap. :cool:

As Cochese mentioned, it was at the show since he had the super cool fastner remover which wound up not being used. It was kind of goofy to do this out in front of everyone but what the heck :) Also, Cochese helped with the fastener reapplication since it was easier with 2 people to support the new part. Besides the funny looks, I am glad it got done!

PS - was trying to not curse out the small creature, hence calling the creature that name. Haha!

Reactions: Cochese

·
Administrator
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tony
What made you notice ? You just put the hood and wow!
Larry
A few weeks ago, I noticed some stuffing coming out of one of the slots near the top of the pad and then saw a hole in it. Couldn't believe it!

Reactions: 68Bulit

·
Premium Member
18,848 Posts
...It was kind of goofy to do this out in front of everyone but what the heck :)...

...Besides the funny looks, I am glad it got done!
I didn’t think it was goofy...and I didn’t notice any funny looks...BUT I’m the type of dude that does all sorts of ridiculous stuff at car shows/cruise events.

Reactions: tossass4370

·
Premium Member
2019 DHG, performance package
32 Posts
Mark this part down as special for the future

KR3Z-16738-A

It's special for two reasons -

1) it is engineered to fit this car (and likely the '21 Mach 1) because it seals the air filter box
2) it lists for $518!!!

I eventually was able to get the price down to $348, which I feel is still way too much. I had to replace it because some small creature decided to make a condo in the area between the pad and the hood. I never had this issue in my garage previously. Oh, that's Cochese helping me by cleaning up the debris mark on the hood before the replacement got installed.

Today's lesson is...drive the car and don't let it sit in the garage lest, you need to evict a creature from their habitat and pay hundreds of dollars for a new part!
I'm sorry, but is this for a Bullitt 2019 or 2008 (pictured)?

·
Administrator
6,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sorry, but is this for a Bullitt 2019 or 2008 (pictured)?
That's my 2019 in the picture :) Yes, this is a 2019-20 part. Don't let the mice eat it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts