Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I am posting this is a tech at the shop I work at said she saw one. I also googled this "They come with 18-inch wheels, a 5.0-liter V8 (460 hp, 420 lb-ft), the power-adjustable front seats, and rear parking sensors. The manual transmission is standard and the automatic is optional. "

I thought all Bullitt's 2001, 2008-2009, 2019-2020 were only available in Manual. Someone please confirm this for men.

· Premium Member
1,148 Posts
The reason I am posting this is a tech at the shop I work at said she saw one. I also googled this "They come with 18-inch wheels, a 5.0-liter V8 (460 hp, 420 lb-ft), the power-adjustable front seats, and rear parking sensors. The manual transmission is standard and the automatic is optional. "

I thought all Bullitt's 2001, 2008-2009, 2019-2020 were only available in Manual. Someone please confirm this for men.
Don't know where she got her info, but it's not correct. They came with 19" wheels (as did every other Performance Pack 1 Mustang), 480hp instead of 460hp, and there was no optional automatic. There has never been a Bullitt from the factory with an automatic. A few have been converted along the way, but never from the factory.

· Registered
2020 Bullitt L1843
23 Posts
All Bullitts of all generations were manuals from the factory. In theory someone somewhere could have converted one to automatic, but that's not very likely and especially with the latest generation it would be an extremely expensive project.

· Registered
161 Posts
It's been done: (Edit: sorry, I had a senior moment, this is a 2008)

· Premium Member
13,097 Posts
Yeah I remember reading the exploits of tigerhonaker that was an insane bullitt
The only thing insane about that Bullitt was the owner. That car had a ludicrous amount of money dumped in it simply because he never had a cohesive plan....he did, undid, redid the equipment so many times, often to bizarre contradictory levels (road course equipment on a drag platform), he made Brenspeed a millionaire in labor fees...and, for all the money spent, ultimately, neither could it, nor actually did, ever perform.

· Premium Member
2019 Mustang Bullitt, DHG # K7822
30 Posts
Somethings are just morally wrong and that would surely be a huge mistake by Ford to the great history and legacy of this car ..

Its like building a Dodge Charger with 4 doors......a family sedan , really???

A Bullitt Automatic?? Anyone needing an auto tranny should keep their focus on a regular GT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts