Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt #K6164 w/ Magneride and B&O Audio. No Recaros.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my 2019 Bullitt in August 2021 and am technically the second owner, but the first only put the initial 1,225 miles on it. So, it was basically brand new and aside from a couple rock chips, looked the part. However, my strut tower brace doesn't say Bullitt like I've seen in so many YouTube videos reviewing the 2019 Bullitt. Anyone have an idea why this is? I can't imagine the one mod the previous owner would have made on a car they didn't drive, would have been to swap the strut tower brace? I ran a CarFax and the car was initially sold in the US, as was where I bought it from.

All thoughts welcome. I appreciate it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if the first owner kept the strut brace. Not cool.

·
Administrator
6,535 Posts
I agree with POJ1 - it might be a factory mistake. Have you tried contacting a Ford parts department to see if that part can be replaced while using the same brace?

·
Registered
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt #K6164 w/ Magneride and B&O Audio. No Recaros.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
POJ1 thanks for the good laugh. I was raised a GM guy and happened to be with my dad at my nephew's bday party when I saw your post earlier. He got a kick out of the comment! Bullitt4404, that's a good point. I hadn't considered the previous owner may have kept it as a momento or something. Strongly considering buying the Bullitt brace to make the car a more accurate example... But wanted to check here to see if this might have been a special case where late number 2019 cars got the "Ford Performance" brace instead or something to that effect. The brace itself appears to be different in design, so it's more than just replacing the "name plate" in the center.

·
Administrator
6,535 Posts
POJ1 thanks for the good laugh. I was raised a GM guy and happened to be with my dad at my nephew's bday party when I saw your post earlier. He got a kick out of the comment! Bullitt4404, that's a good point. I hadn't considered the previous owner may have kept it as a momento or something. Strongly considering buying the Bullitt brace to make the car a more accurate example... But wanted to check here to see if this might have been a special case where late number 2019 cars got the "Ford Performance" brace instead or something to that effect. The brace itself appears to be different in design, so it's more than just replacing the "name plate" in the center.
It's hanging in someone's garage then :) Good luck with the replacement part. And yes, it's obvious by the photos (I didn't look carefully enough) it's a different brace.

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
L1728
13 Posts
Yes it look different. But it happen that Ford during assembling process mix parts from other cars , like bumpers, some elements specialized for exact model, so probably this happens to your car. You should have no problem with Ford to exchange part for original one - what I wish you :)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This is a scandal of the highest magnitude and needs rectification immediately! WTH is a Bullitt w/out a proper marked and numbered cross member? Sacrilege!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would do two things. Contact the original owner to ask if that is how the car was delivered. Given the likely answer, it was also incumbent on the selling dealer to have caught the error. Second, contact Ford for a replacement.

·
Registered
214 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts