Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealers in my area, within 100 miles have received a few new 2020 BULLITTS. Most have RECARO seats and a few have the Electronics Package but no Magnetic Ride Control. I'm looking for one with Electronics and the Magnetic Ride.
Does anyone have an idea or knowledge of the final production date of the 2020 BULLITT?? I'm sure we are getting ready for a change over to the 2021 models soon.

Thanks,
ARMY TC

·
Registered
71 Posts
My guess is that it's over already. Couldn't find anything to confirm that, but even if you could order one, would you pay MSRP (or more) for one? I remember you didn't want to buy a leftover discounted thousands because of your trade. With an ordered 2020, you'd be MUCH worse than before. I tried to buy a local 2020 just arrived, and dealer wanted 2 grand OVER MSRP, which was 11+ grand over a new leftover 2019 (Aug 2019 build date) about 90 miles away, so got that one instead.

·
Administrator
6,184 Posts
I've not see information about Mustang, but other 2021 model year product changeovers are showing a September timeframe for the start of ordering, with production in November and December. The 2021 Mach 1 is said to not be available until "spring 2021". With the pandemic-induced delays, I would imaging that the Mustang will be produced until the fall timeframe. What is less certain is how many Bullitt models will be produced. If you want one with the electronics package and MagneRide, that's a fairly common option combination. Of course, you could order one.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the only thing I've seen so far is the estimated build date on the MACH 1. AS ELP_JC said, the 2020's are now thousands over what the price on a 2019 was earlier in the year. When you sell or trade them in a few years, the dealers will say that the car had a $10K discount............so it's only worth..........LOL!
So, I'll ride the horse that I don't have right now and see what happens in the next month or so.
And for Tony..........I received my BULLITT Generations book on Thursday. This is one beautiful publication. Thank you so much for the time and effort that was put into this book. For any BULLITT owner, this is something worth the purchase price!
ARMY TC

·
Administrator
6,184 Posts
And for Tony..........I received my BULLITT Generations book on Thursday. This is one beautiful publication. Thank you so much for the time and effort that was put into this book. For any BULLITT owner, this is something worth the purchase price!
ARMY TC
Glad you got it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm still waiting for my book; hope to get it soon. There's no tracking number provided, right? Hope the stupid USPS doesn't lose it too. Have multiple packages lost, including the one from 5spurs. It SUCKS.

·
Administrator
6,184 Posts
I'm still waiting for my book; hope to get it soon. There's no tracking number provided, right? Hope the stupid USPS doesn't lose it too. Have multiple packages lost, including the one from 5spurs. It SUCKS.
Send me your name on the order in a PM, and I can ask the distributor to look it up. I understand the concern about USPS. I hold my breath a lot :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've been potentially shopping for a low mileage '19 w/the Magneride but they're pretty few/far between & seem to get snagged up pretty quickly too. Can't even remember seeing a '20 f/s, new or used.
Lee

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called FORD marketing this morning. According to the FORD associate, production is done for the 2020 BULLITT.
He told me that the 2021 Mustang production would start in October. The info is only as good as the source.............
While I have been looking..............there's a few 2020's out there but nearly all of them have RECARO seats.
I really don't want a used BULLITT..........but I may not have a choice.
The new MACH 1 sounds interesting but it's not a BULLITT. There's some good prices on GT350's out there, but they aren't a BULLITT!
So...........we'll see what happens..........
ARMY TC

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
In all my internet shopping, and I've done nationwide searching, I honestly can't say I've seen a '20 Bullitt f/s, new or used, only '19's. Maybe I'm searching improperly? I dunno.

The GT350's are starting to drop in price but by all reports, are not good daily drivers (my need) primarily because of the tire requirements; they're also reportedly oil guzzlers- like a quart every 1k miles! I'm driving 20k a year so that could turn into a really expensive habit. The GT350 is super cool but not that cool, at least not to me.

And the only advantage I see for the Mach I over the Bullitt is the transmission; yeah, that's a big positive but you know the dealers are going to slather on ADM on that ride.

Me, I'm gonna ride it out a while longer until the right used/low mileage Bullitt appears, w/the right equipment (NO Recaro's, Magneride & maybe the electronics package) & at the right price.
Lee

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spectreman
Go to cars.com. On the right side of the screen click on advanced search. Fill in info with search word BULLITT. Right now the list over 20 used 2019 BULLITTs.
Good luck!
ARMY TC

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Oh, I've been to cars.com, as well as just about every other auto sales site on the interweb. I've actually found a couple that fit my parameters but sadly, nothing too close & not yet where I want to be price-wise. 2 would have to be shipped or I'd have to buy/fly/drive (altho that's not so bad either, especially since that's what I did w/my GT500.)
Lee

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Hey Army TC! Did some looking on the interweb. Found your unicorn. New 19 Bullitt DHG, 10 miles, standard seats, electronics, magnaride, cover. No Recaro. At a small Ford dealership, Weakley County Motors, NW corner of Tenn, south of Paduca KY. Just about 30+ new vehicles on the lot, only 3 mustangs, mostly trucks. This is just like the small dealership where I scored my 19, that had sat for many months.
MSRP $51880, asking $47884. K# too small in photo. VIN ...K5505459 suggests this 19 Bullitt has been sitting for many many months. Lots of negotiation room. And military cash from Ford. (Yes, even for Army, Go Navy!)
Carpe diem and road trip. 650 miles from Pittsburgh.
Spectreman will be contemplating a fly/drive. Heck, maybe I should get another 19 for investment...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Curious how many 2020 Bullitts were made. We'll find out as owners post their L serial numbers. My 2019 is K7979, but somebody else posted the last one was K8040 (who knows), so roughly 8K made. That's A LOT. I bet 2020s are probably less than half that; we'll find out soon enough. Doubt they'll ever be collectible, but that I won't be alive to know :D.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Army TC! Did some looking on the interweb. Found your unicorn. New 19 Bullitt DHG, 10 miles, standard seats, electronics, magnaride, cover. No Recaro. At a small Ford dealership, Weakley County Motors, NW corner of Tenn, south of Paduca KY. Just about 30+ new vehicles on the lot, only 3 mustangs, mostly trucks. This is just like the small dealership where I scored my 19, that had sat for many months.
MSRP $51880, asking $47884. K# too small in photo. VIN ...K5505459 suggests this 19 Bullitt has been sitting for many many months. Lots of negotiation room. And military cash from Ford. (Yes, even for Army, Go Navy!)
Carpe diem and road trip. 650 miles from Pittsburgh.
Spectreman will be contemplating a fly/drive. Heck, maybe I should get another 19 for investment...
WHOA.............that's a drive and a half!!! I was really hoping for a 2020 with no "LOT ROT"............but this is an option since the warranty is 3 years!
I'll check it out!
ARMY TC

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered one 10 days ago. My build date is 9/28 per the MY2020 email I received. My dealer wants it and has offered to take it if I find a pre-owned one I like. I was offered a great price on the build.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered one 10 days ago. My build date is 9/28 per the MY2020 email I received. My dealer wants it and has offered to take it if I find a pre-owned one I like. I was offered a great price on the build.
DeginMoon.................thanks for the info...............As I said..........Ford Marketing said that production was over...............I've called two sales mangers this morning and I'm still waiting for a call back...............
I have found a few cars out there but my wife and I aren't crazy about driving two full days to pick up a car. In addition with COVID-19...........things aren't easy............
Again ...........thanks for the update.
ARMY TC

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG!!! Congrats!! I'm still waiting for a call back from three of my local Ford dealers!!!!

Let us all know when you get your car!!!

ARMY TC

·
Registered
9 Posts
OMG!!! Congrats!! I'm still waiting for a call back from three of my local Ford dealers!!!!

ARMY TC

ARMY TC
Absolutely. Apparently, I will get an email when it is on the carrier.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts