Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2020 Bullitt made for sale by a Canadian dealer. After 2 Canadian dealers could not sell them, they were sold to Auto Showcase of Carol Stream, IL. They sold it to me with 300 miles on odometer. As it was shipped 1000 miles it was dirty when delivered. A quick hosing and microfiber wipe down and b the car shined showtoom new.

Things I discovered were the DRL (required in NYS) and the issue of the MPH only being shown in digital readout. This I've easily learned to live with after it was confirmed an instrument cluster replacement was the only solution.

One nagging question, although the seats are the beautiful and comfortable Recaro leather, they only have manual controls. Does the car made for US dealers have electronic seat controls?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. The US Recaros are manual also.
Because no electronic memory, every time I exit, steering wheel manually up and out to give enough room. I don't put seat back as it is difficult to get to same position each time.

My Lexus RX350 on exit, steering wheel up and seat moves back. On re-entering car the reverse. Also RX has radar cruise control and brake hold. Oh well, maybe we'll see these features in the 2030ish Bullitt tribute car. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vehicle Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle door

There you go. Circular switch is for Lumbar Support; the other is Fore and Aft (btw looks like I need to vacuum the floor mat!)

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt L1843
15 Posts
Hmz, that is definitely a Recaro seat, but Ford has never built those with electric operation or lumbar support for that matter.The switches that you showed are from a standard seat.

My guess would be that the seats in your car have been upgraded somehow. Very interesting. Did you buy this car new?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmz, that is definitely a Recaro seat, but Ford has never built those with electric operation or lumbar support for that matter.The switches that you showed are from a standard seat.

My guess would be that the seats in your car have been upgraded somehow. Very interesting. Did you buy this car new?
Yes - 7 miles on the clock!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Recaros are manual only in all Mustang versions globally.
In the above post in another thread the poster said referring to a 2019 Bullitt, "The standard seats are perfect, with heated/cooled power lumbar and adjustable." This implies you pay more for upgraded Recaro seats and you get peasant manual controls. 😥

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt L1843
15 Posts
This implies you pay more for upgraded Recaro seats and you get peasant manual controls. 😥
That is correct and has been the case ever since the S550 Mustang was introduced in 2014. And apart from power control and lumbar you also loose the heating and cooling function. They're still worth it though, the standard seats are very comfortable, but for spirited driving you can't beat the additional support of the Recaros. I love mine and wouldn't trade them for the world.

·
Administrator
6,535 Posts
Perhaps Ford UK has some sort of upgrade program on cars once they arrived from the US. This is seriously the very first time I have ever seen this.
Me too! Very cool!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts